Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask if I’m a fool cleaning my carpet

9 replies

Meandmrsjonesgotathinggoingon · 17/11/2022 08:57

My kid threw up a bit of bolognaise (sorry for visual) on my new light grey carpet. I fetch the Vanish carpet cleaner and made up the foam (following instructions to the letter) and applied it and waited then hoovered. Made absolutely no difference whatsoever. Borrowed my aunt’s carpet cleaner product (Dr. Someoneorother) and again, didn’t help in the slightest. Am I a fool doing this, do I just need fairy liquid and a scrubbing brush like my instinct says??

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

3 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
0%
You are NOT being unreasonable
100%
Uprootcleanerpro · 22/11/2022 18:10

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Flossflower · 22/11/2022 18:41

If the stain is mostly from tomato it would be good to get some sunshine on it. Not much around at the moment!

Gemzee · 22/11/2022 19:17

dr beckmann carpet stain remover is awesome

Gemzee · 22/11/2022 19:18

Oh sorry thats what you've already tried. It gets out everything for me, even dried in red wine!

Ladybug10 · 22/11/2022 21:35

Have you tried biological washing powder ? That’s good for breaking down fats and oils in vomit stains.
It helps with getting smells out too.

AriettyHomily · 22/11/2022 21:38

Our Vax is awesome. Vomitty dog.

Wishiwasonholiday1 · 22/11/2022 21:39

You might need to get the stain out over the course of a few days.
My husband once had a pizza picnic on our light beige carpet with my son. Tomato stains are tough. A mix of Vanish, washing detergent, Dr Beckman's and washing up liquid will eventually get it out.

Flamingle18 · 22/11/2022 21:59

Try putting paper towel over the stain and pouring white vinegar over it.

jetadore · 22/11/2022 22:02

HG Fabric cleaner has worked wonders on all sorts of stains for us. Including vomit on a matteress and tea on carpet, so I’m pretty sure it would work in your case too.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.