Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Where are you getting heated throws from?

113 replies

Sunshineismyfriend · 07/08/2022 21:30

Can anyone recommend. Thinking of an Xmas present for the kids and husband but not sure if we’d want them sooner than Xmas.

OP posts:
Please
or

Tomnooktoldmeto · 07/08/2022 21:52

I’ve just ordered from Lakeland one that got rave reviews last year as it’s just come back in stock. I got 20% off as well as a regular customer as I had a valid voucher and free delivery

Please
or

crimsonlake · 07/08/2022 21:54

I think it is good to go on recommendations. I bought one after reading reviews on Amazon, it was lovely quality but did not heat up all the way through. I returned it and decided to try another one and had the exact same problem.
Think I might just go with a sleeping bag and hot water bottle this year.

Please
or

ArcticSkewer · 07/08/2022 21:54

Sunshineismyfriend · 07/08/2022 21:48

Thank you! This is the kind of thing I was hoping to learn. They aren’t cheap especially if buying a few so don’t want to get it wrong.

Whereas they are my favourite type of heated throw and I wouldn't buy any other type.
Bit of fake luxury of an evening!

What's your budget op?

They usually discount on black Friday. Costco do the dreamwell ones cheap(er) as well

Please
or

eleflump · 07/08/2022 21:55

The Dreamland Relaxwell ones sold in Argos and Lakeland are great - we got one last year then my mum saw it and got one and so did all her friends. You can also get them directly from the Dreamland website with free delivery I think.

I think they will be very popular this year with the heating bills going up so much.

Please
or

Ontomatopea · 07/08/2022 21:55

Yeah selling fast in argos. I see they are electric. Are they safe if you spill drinks often?

Please
or

PeloAddict · 07/08/2022 21:55

CornishTiger · 07/08/2022 21:50

Are they really much better than decent blankets? Genuine question.

I find they are, because well they're actually warm Grin mine gets quite hot (dreamland one)
I use it when WFH, on the sofa and then on my bed as a throw. You can take the lead off too and use it as a normal throw

Please
or

Sunshineismyfriend · 07/08/2022 21:56

I’m not sure on budget. There are 4 of us but if too expensive I will just buy for the kids. (2). Can you use them at night? Over the duvet type thing?

OP posts:
Please
or

PollyEsther · 07/08/2022 22:00

Mine is from Aldi. Well worth waiting for them to get them back in.

Please
or

Sunshineismyfriend · 07/08/2022 22:00

Does this one look ok?

OP posts:
Please
or

thebellagio · 07/08/2022 22:01

I got one for Xmas 2 years ago from
John Lewis and then I bought a second at the start of the year from Amazon (about £35ish?

they are amazing. Both have time settings so you can choose the heat level plus the time. They are machine washable and can go in the tumble drier as well, so super easy to clean. We have them on all the time during the winter months, they are super cosy. Size wise they are probably the size of a duvet cover.

I’ve also just bought a second oodie - they are 50% off at the moment, so perfect time to get a real one for the same price as a knock off one

Please
or

thebellagio · 07/08/2022 22:03

I’ve used mine at night. When our boiler was replaced we had no heating for 5 days in Jan so it was ideal.

you can typically choose time settings of 1, 3, 6 or even 9 hours and different heat settings as well so easy to use at nighttime

Please
or

Crackercrazy · 07/08/2022 22:05

I’ve been looking at buying one too but a lot of places are currently out of stock (for the brand that I wanted).

Please
or

Pasithean · 07/08/2022 22:05

I’ve had three all broke. Absolute waste of money.

Please
or

londongirl12 · 07/08/2022 22:06

Do they cost a lot to run? I'm dreading my winter fuel bills

Please
or

SparrowsNest · 07/08/2022 22:06

I've had a couple from Aldi that have been great and affordable.

Please
or

DonateBloodNCheckSmokeAlarms · 07/08/2022 22:07

Rechargeable hot water bottles are better imho.
No annoying cable to trip over.

Please
or

thebellagio · 07/08/2022 22:07

londongirl12 · 07/08/2022 22:06

Do they cost a lot to run? I'm dreading my winter fuel bills

Not that I’ve noticed on my smart meter. They’ll be cheaper to run than turning the heating up. It’s about heating the person not the room so it should save you money

Please
or

decisionsdecisions22 · 07/08/2022 22:09

Dreamland Husky from Costco - have four and they are fab (they are think but they do wrap round you) Love them

Please
or

Jumpjumpjumper · 07/08/2022 22:10

Thank you for posting, op. I got a couple the other day and need one more. For some silly reason I didn't order enough for me and the children. They're fake fur though, and I see someone above doesn't recommend. So just trying it out now!

Please
or

starfishmummy · 07/08/2022 22:13

ThinWomansBrain · 07/08/2022 21:40

have you tried typing "heated throw" into google and selecting the shopping option?

I assume the OP wants to know which ones other people have actually used and would recommend.

Please
or

HotDog2022 · 07/08/2022 22:14

Name changed. My dog likes mine....

Please
or

KittyMcKitty · 07/08/2022 22:15

ShaunaTheSheep · 07/08/2022 21:49

Mine is by Dreamland from Argos

My 17 year old dd has one of these - it is quite probably her favourite possession!

Please
or

nicky2512 · 07/08/2022 22:15

I got a star print fleece one from Lakeland last year for dd who is always cold. Amazing! It just feels so nice and I would quite like one myself now!

Please
or

bellac11 · 07/08/2022 22:16

ThinWomansBrain · 07/08/2022 21:40

have you tried typing "heated throw" into google and selecting the shopping option?

Have you worked out the purpose of an online discussion forum yet?

Please
or

Jumpjumpjumper · 07/08/2022 22:16

P. S. Mine are from the Range

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

We're all short on time

Log in or sign up to use the 'See Next' or 'See all' posts by the OP (Original Poster) and cut straight to the action.

Already signed up?

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?