Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To ask the worst behaviour at Christmas you’ve witnessed by an adult?

SoniaFouler · 05/12/2021 18:58

Mine is:

Drunk cousin (24 at the time) shouting and arguing with everyone for most of Boxing Day three years ago, then topped it off when someone told her to stop being stupid by standing up and scraping the entire contents of her dinner plate all over the table and made my aunt cry.

OP's posts:
Please
or

AnnieSnap · 07/12/2021 23:45

@MrsBobDylan I’m sorry you went through all of that. How are your younger siblings?

Please
or

MrsBobDylan · 07/12/2021 23:29

First of all Thanks for all those who had Xmas' which were filled with abuse and trauma from the very adults who were supposed to love them.

When I was 12, my five year old brother vomited in his bed on Xmas eve. My Mum was asleep and my Dad was passed out pissed.

I changed his pjs and bed sheets, got him a bucket and settled him back to sleep.

Xmas was spent with my parents rowing and Boxing Day my Mum punished us by making us do housework all day.

Another Xmas, my younger sister was chopping veg when my Mum grabbed her by the throat. My younger sister tried to stab my Mum and my older sister wrestled the knife off her and then wrestled my Mum off my sister.

Another NY eve, I was 10 and left to babysit my two younger siblings over night. We were left a lot when my parents went up to London and stayed at a hotel. They also went abroad for 3/4 night mini breaks roughly once a month. Sometimes she didn't leave enough food for us.

Rather amazingly, this will be my very first Xmas (I'm 48) without her. I went no contact three months ago and have blocked her, am about to move house and change my name.

It will just be me, my lovely, kind husband and three beautiful, funny kids.

Even though I will never be rid of the scars of abuse, I am safe and free. Happy Xmas to me Xmas Smile

Please
or

Oneborneverydecade · 07/12/2021 22:37

@JustLyra that's so sad, I hope things improved for you with your grandparents. My DD is 3 and the idea of breaking her heart on Christmas day is unbearable

Please
or

AnnieSnap · 07/12/2021 22:24

@1madMama

Oh I’m half asleep actually. Someone asked me what I said about snobs earlier, idk. There were some

Genuine question, are you drunk?
Please
or

NoraEphronsNeck · 07/12/2021 22:23

@Theywalkamongstus

My ex-boyfriends father sexually assaulted me on Christmas day. He waited until everyone was out of the room and then did it.

Thanks
Please
or

KurtWildesChristmasNamechange · 07/12/2021 22:05

@1madMama

What thread

Are you ok?
Please
or

1madMama · 07/12/2021 22:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

Offmyfence · 07/12/2021 21:32

@1madMama I think it's time you stopped derailing the thread?

Please
or

polkadotpjs · 07/12/2021 21:32

@Allsortsofroses you are a legend !

Please
or

PiersMoron · 07/12/2021 21:28

I think I’ve heard this story! Is your name Liz by any chance?!

Please
or

1madMama · 07/12/2021 20:44

Please
or

Kebabandchipsplease · 07/12/2021 20:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

mbosnz · 07/12/2021 20:41

@1madMama

mbosnz not really, just confused. I stabbed myself in the eardrum earlier so I’ve been wincing in pain seeing stars in my eyes and talked at the same time

You're not a doberman dog are you? There was one mentioned earlier that got stabbed in the eardrum with a corkscrew?
Please
or

IAAP · 07/12/2021 20:41

@CaputApriDefero

When I was 17 I spent Christmas at my then boyfriends parents house. We'd been together two years and oh my fucking god, his mum was so so so spiteful. She loaded up a stocking for BF and stuck a sticky label on a pair of Poundland gloves for me and left them on the floor. She had been given all my presents by my mum, including my stocking. There was a huge pile of gifts under their tree, none of them for me, which was a bit heartbreaking, and she prepared all their Christmas dinner with something I'm allergic to so I couldn't eat it. Then exploded with rage at how much of "an ungrateful, council estate raised tramp" I was when I discretely excused myself so I could cry in their toilet without drawing attention to myself. I could hear her ranting her head off and telling my boyfriend he could do better, why couldn't he go out with her friend Carol's daughter, they own their own house etc. When I went back in, all she did was glare at me along with her mother and father. She didn't give me a turn at charades, told me
I looked like a stripper in my red dress and told
me I couldn't have a glass of Buck's Fizz because I wasn't 18, while her 15 year old daughter had her glass topped off. When I went home the next day, she handed me two carrier bags full of my presents and my stocking and said "oh, I forgot about these."

She threatened to write him out of her will when he proposed to me. Apparently she was going to throw a party when we broke up three years later. I saw her in a supermarket when I was 35. She was having a fucking meltdown over there being no fresh chicken stock and I couldn't help but laugh while looking straight at her. Her name was Karen. If you're reading this, Karen F, fuck you!

Oh my god my lovely I wish I could hug you - and no one pulled her up on her abuse - dodged a bullet there imagine having her for a mother - what a total bitch
Please
or

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius · 07/12/2021 20:38

I don’t see a swarm of hate on here, @1madMama - more a swarm of bafflement.

Please
or

1madMama · 07/12/2021 20:16

Please
or

Offmyfence · 07/12/2021 20:02

@1madMama

Oh, no not in this thread. I was just adding my thought to all these interesting stories. Is that normal though ? A swarm of hate to random on the internet you don’t agree with ?

Yeah on MN that's pretty standard!
Please
or

Offmyfence · 07/12/2021 20:01

@1madMama

Because it’s Christmas Offmyfence.

No it's. It! It's December, the whole of December is not Christmas? The rhyme the 12 days of Christmas should assist!
Please
or

Cheeseandlobster · 07/12/2021 19:48

1madmama is salty and, well, mad, because her previous thread got deleted I think

Please
or

mbosnz · 07/12/2021 19:45

@1madMama

Oh, no not in this thread. I was just adding my thought to all these interesting stories. Is that normal though ? A swarm of hate to random on the internet you don’t agree with ?

I thought it was more polite English inquiry as to whether you might have lost your way and need help to find your way to the thread you really wanted to nut off in?
Please
or

AnnieSnap · 07/12/2021 19:45

@1madMama I too have no idea what you are saying. Your last post to clarify, didn’t succeed. I didn’t understand that either 🤷‍♀️

Please
or

Arrowheart · 07/12/2021 19:44

This government. This Christmas. Covering up and gaslighting us all about last Christmas. That's the worst behaviour I've seen by adults at Christmas.

Please
or

1madMama · 07/12/2021 19:41

Please
or

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius · 07/12/2021 19:31

Sorry, @1madMama - I cannot make any sense of your posts. What ‘human rights’ have been violated, and why are there 120 snobs on this thread?

Please
or

EerieSilence · 07/12/2021 19:10

@1madMama What are you talking about?
Who are those snobs?
Do you know what being a snob means?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.