Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To ask the worst behaviour at Christmas you’ve witnessed by an adult?

SoniaFouler · 05/12/2021 18:58

Mine is:

Drunk cousin (24 at the time) shouting and arguing with everyone for most of Boxing Day three years ago, then topped it off when someone told her to stop being stupid by standing up and scraping the entire contents of her dinner plate all over the table and made my aunt cry.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Justilou1 · 10/12/2021 04:11

Loved in a share house many years ago that had a horrible (terrifying) gas oven from the 1960’s. (You had to use a match to light it and it made a scary humming sound.) One of my flatmates hooked up with a new girlfriend, and they came home roaringly drunk. One of my other flatmates and I were seated around the table having a cup of tea when the new girlfriend stumbled into the kitchen, pulled the grilling section door down, pulled down her pants and started to climb onto the grill door. We shrieked and intervened, but there was pee on the floor. (We made him come out and clean it up immediately, and never, ever used that bloody grill!)

Please
or

hangrylady · 09/12/2021 19:18

I used to work in an office years ago and there was a very quiet, polite lady who did the accounts, let's call her Jane. On the works Christmas do Jane got hammered and the song You Can Make Me Whole Again by Atomic Kitten was playing. Jane changed the lyrics to You Can Fill My Hole Again and sung her new improved version to all the blokes in the office. Blush

Please
or

Duchess379 · 09/12/2021 19:07

@sjxoxo

My younger brother, about 24 years old- came home from pub on Xmas eve, absolutely, totally pissed. Went for a wee in the downstairs loo, came out with no trousers or pants on, proceeded to march into the lounge where my parents, our 2 sets of elderly very proper Grandparents, some neighbours, and a couple of my parents friends, we’re all sat eating choccies and chit chatting.
Brother didn’t seem to notice everyone at all; got a handful of choccies and spent 30 seconds looking in various plug sockets for his phone charger, bearing all!!!!!

No one said a word, apart from my Grandad who is like an elderly version of Mr Carson from Downton Abbey: “I think we can all agree that women are by far the fairer sex. Men really are ugly beings.”

Haha!! X

This has proper made me giggle 😆😆
Please
or

Duchess379 · 09/12/2021 19:05

@Longingforatikihut

When I was 14 my mother's drunk husband-to-be dragged me out the house by my hair and locked me out. I was an ungrateful c-word because I wasn't playing with the sticky second hand my little pony his octogenarian mother had gifted me.

They were so dirty, came wrapped in an equally scraggly Asda carrier bag, not paper, and I was 14 not 4. I wasn't mean about them, but apparently I should have played with them on the floor like a toddler.

Whole extended family was scared of him so I wasn't allowed back in so I just went and sat on the park until my friend had finished her family dinner and she could sneak me into her house.

🥺🎄💕
Please
or

Duchess379 · 09/12/2021 18:53

@scoobydoo1971

A work colleague on a strict financial budget due to debt plan 'hired' Christmas presents and decorations for her kids by getting them a few days before the big day from High street stores. She had all the pictures on social media of her kids unwrapping the presents. Then she took them back on Boxing day for a refund. Impressions matter, apparently!

Omg, her poor kids! I can't even imagine doing that 🥺
Please
or

Newmumatlast · 09/12/2021 18:42

@ImNotWhoYouThinkIam

My DCs step-Mum kicking them out of the house on boxing day because DS1 gave DS2 his stuffing balls (which he had told his dad he didn't like before they were dished up). She said she wasn't going to allow her DC to learn pathetic fussy eating from my DC and they should eat what they were given and be grateful for it. DS1 was banned from the house for over a year and his relationship with his Dad and Step Mum has never recovered.

And yes, their Dad is just as much to blame because he should (imo) have stood up for his DC.

Oh wow that's appalling
Please
or

Duchess379 · 09/12/2021 18:38

@DysmalRadius

When I was about 22, my younger sister got a polaroid camera for Christmas a took a picture of me that wasn't particularly flattering. I laughed it off, but my dad said 'You've always been a funny looking thing. When you were younger I was always embarrassed as you looked like you had Down's Syndrome.' Just awful on every possible level.

Apparently he wonders why we are NC...

Wtaf??? What a dreadful thing to say. Big hugs to you. Well done for cutting him out of your life, you don't need that sort of negativity in your life xx
Please
or

ImNotWhoYouThinkIam · 09/12/2021 18:32

My DCs step-Mum kicking them out of the house on boxing day because DS1 gave DS2 his stuffing balls (which he had told his dad he didn't like before they were dished up). She said she wasn't going to allow her DC to learn pathetic fussy eating from my DC and they should eat what they were given and be grateful for it. DS1 was banned from the house for over a year and his relationship with his Dad and Step Mum has never recovered.

And yes, their Dad is just as much to blame because he should (imo) have stood up for his DC.

Please
or

ReginaaPhalange · 09/12/2021 18:27

My brother sulks when he doesn't get what he wants, even now! One year when he was around 14, he wanted a plasma tv which was at the time like £2000 and he sulked cause he never got it! Every present he opened he completely disregarded just rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath. You could see the hurt in my parents faces as they tried to put on a brave face. I made sure that I really emphasised my thanks to the presents I opened cause I felt bad for them.

Please
or

MumDad1958 · 09/12/2021 17:32

I am open mouthed at some of these stories. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas this year. Xx

Please
or

MaHBroon · 09/12/2021 17:28

@NoraEphronsNeck

Why would your husband have his sister back in the house after what she did to your children?

Please
or

MaHBroon · 09/12/2021 17:26

@Ddot

As a child, last of five, I realised very quickly that my father had very little time for me. Eg.. each child born was given a premium bond, their are 4 bonds 🤣 tins and tins of pictures of all the kids, one photo as a baby of me and that was a group shot. The list is endless, anyway one Christmas my sister and I ran down stairs to get our presents. The gifts were on armchairs, one chair each and had our names on them (apparently) but in the excitement we didnt look. I got hers she got mine, best Christmas ever 🤣🤣🤣

That is such a sad story. I’m sorry you had such a hard time as a child.
Please
or

SchadenfreudePersonified · 09/12/2021 15:26

@DillonPanthersTexas

Not so much a Christmas day dust up but extreme CF behaviour in the supermarket. I saw a women start taking packs of sausage meat out of an unattended trolley and place it in her own before quietly moving on. It was a few days before Christmas so lots of basic staples were missing and folk were getting desperate but witnessing the trolley theft really annoyed me. The trolley owners were a couple of pensioners and I just thought of my folks being ripped off. Completely childish behaviour on my part but I followed the CF women around the aisles and sure enough at one point she left her trolley unattended in the 'world foods' aisle and I swapped the sausage meat with a few bags of bombay mix and returned the sausage meat to the original owners.

Brilliant!

Serves the bugger right!
Please
or

SchadenfreudePersonified · 09/12/2021 15:18

[quote CaveWoman1]@Santahatesbraisedcabbage

It was mostly brussel sprouts they threw. I remember looking down at the floor which was just littered with them[/quote]
The Devil's Warhead,

Please
or

Happy1982ish · 09/12/2021 14:39

@NoraEphronsNeck

The year my SIL brought round sackful of presents for each of my three DSC and their half-sister but nothing for my two DC from previous relationship (we'd been together 7years by this point). Slightly worse than the previous year when they'd been given a pair of socks each.

I didn't say anything at the time but she has never been allowed in my house again.

Chickens are coming home to roost this year as she has no-one to spend Christmas with as she has driven everyone away with her superior attitude.

My DH would have her in a heartbeat - but knows that won't be happening.

Your DH would have her over on a heartbeat?
Please
or

NoraEphronsNeck · 09/12/2021 13:57

The year my SIL brought round sackful of presents for each of my three DSC and their half-sister but nothing for my two DC from previous relationship (we'd been together 7years by this point). Slightly worse than the previous year when they'd been given a pair of socks each.

I didn't say anything at the time but she has never been allowed in my house again.

Chickens are coming home to roost this year as she has no-one to spend Christmas with as she has driven everyone away with her superior attitude.

My DH would have her in a heartbeat - but knows that won't be happening.

Please
or

AlasAnotherEtonMess · 09/12/2021 12:15

@Ddot

Plank

Grin
Please
or

Roselilly36 · 09/12/2021 07:57

@Battygirll

Office party. Head of HR got shitfaced. Stripped to waist and ran around the room with her tits out.

Really? Showing off her Human Resources 😂 it never ceases to amaze me, what alcohol does to some people.

Many years ago when I was first going out with DH, he bought me a ticket to his work (banking) dinner & dance, in a posh hotel.

At the end of the meal his colleague jumps up on the table, drops his trousers & pants!

He was celebrating his recent promotion apparently, I kid you not! The promotion was cancelled on the Monday, he kept his job though, this was in very late 80’s.

Never forgotten it. My DH was so embarrassed for taking me & kept on apologising, for what his colleague had done.
Please
or

Ddot · 09/12/2021 06:01

As a child, last of five, I realised very quickly that my father had very little time for me. Eg.. each child born was given a premium bond, their are 4 bonds 🤣 tins and tins of pictures of all the kids, one photo as a baby of me and that was a group shot. The list is endless, anyway one Christmas my sister and I ran down stairs to get our presents. The gifts were on armchairs, one chair each and had our names on them (apparently) but in the excitement we didnt look. I got hers she got mine, best Christmas ever 🤣🤣🤣

Please
or

Ddot · 09/12/2021 05:46

Plank

Please
or

AlasAnotherEtonMess · 09/12/2021 05:31

Xmas Grin
Please
or

Justilou1 · 09/12/2021 04:38

@AlasAnotherEtonMess
GOLD STAR

Please
or

AlasAnotherEtonMess · 09/12/2021 02:07

I organised a lockdown works Christmas party for myself and some chums under the guise of a meeting where cheese and wine merely appeared to be served.

I use the term 'organise' loosely as I normally couldn't organise my way out of a wet paper bag let alone a piss up in a drinks Cabinet

Alas someone let the cat out of the bag so I had to let her take the rap and get rid of her today. I let her resign to save face. Mine mainly.

Alack, my job appears to be untenable on grounds of morally reprehensible behaviour but am hopeful I will remain in for another term. Mainly because I have a career founded on a catalogue of morally reprehensible behaviour and there's usually a fall guy waiting in the wings I can pin the blame on. Those blighters in the 1922 Committee let me get away with far worse.

Yuletide Felecitations et al. Xmas Wink

Please
or

PanicPrevention · 09/12/2021 00:43

My drug addict brother stole my sons Christmas money.
Ive not seen him since and have no intention of having anything more to do with him until I'm invited to his funeral.
I tried to help and support him and he threw it all back, he's crossed many boundaries of mine over the years and I kept trying to help because he's my brother and I love who I know he is deep down but when your fuckedupedness directly affects my child the line is drawn.

Please
or

PooBearnow · 09/12/2021 00:03

Wow, some of these are horrendous.

Mine was my first Christmas at home after I had lost my dad and a few weeks after my husband had had a bad accident (he had recovered by Christmas Day). I hosted IL’s as usual. We pay, we prepared and waited on them despite having very young kids who I was desperate to spend time with. They are not interested in the kids.

Got through the day with my sanity stretched but intact.

When they came to leave, MIL had to be “encouraged” out the door by FIL as she was shouting at me, as she had told me the day after my husbands accident, that a family event was cancelled, but it hadn’t been, and it was my fault for not knowing that and not keeping the day free. I stood there speechless and said nothing back.

We got No thank you. No appreciation. Nothing.

Nothing has changed. I try to avoid hosting now.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.