Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To ask the worst behaviour at Christmas you’ve witnessed by an adult?

SoniaFouler · 05/12/2021 18:58

Mine is:

Drunk cousin (24 at the time) shouting and arguing with everyone for most of Boxing Day three years ago, then topped it off when someone told her to stop being stupid by standing up and scraping the entire contents of her dinner plate all over the table and made my aunt cry.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bellafrenum · 05/12/2021 21:05

Some of these are really sad but some of them are hilarious.

Kind of want to chuck presents down the stairs and then lock myself in my car with a box of cigars and a bottle of whisky... AIBU?

Please
or

LondonWolf · 05/12/2021 21:02

Oh and mustn’t forget the year ex and his dad had an actual fight outside a pub - also Boxing Day.

Please
or

MrsSkylerWhite · 05/12/2021 21:02

My dad throwing my mum over garden fence onto greenhouse glass panels in next door’s garden.

48 years on, she’s married to my fantastic stepdad.

Please
or

LondonWolf · 05/12/2021 21:00

My ex H’s dsis came to spend Christmas with us, he got drunk and harangued her about years old family issues until she exploded, ordered a taxi at 1 am on Christmas morning and left. I had been asleep and when I remonstrated with him he barged roughly past me and I fell down a short flight of stairs and cut my leg - he maintained he hasn’t done it purposely but he did. Another year he grandly announced he’d be cooking dinner but at 3 pm still hadn’t even started it, we eventually ate at around 7 pm. Another year he got drunk on Boxing Day and made a huge scene that was so out of control that neighbours eventually called the police. He ruined every Christmas for all the years I was with him. I’m so glad I no longer have to put up with it.

Please
or

Buzzer3555 · 05/12/2021 20:59

@soniafoulier it was my daughters bed. Strange as it may seem it was the last Christmas she spent at my house

Please
or

Mooscow · 05/12/2021 20:57

My brother came to my house on Christmas day with a vomiting bug but didn't tell us. When one of his kids let the truth slip he got all defensive and said it was fine as he would wash his hands. Made out we were the worst people in the world when we were worried about him giving it to us. They left soon after lunch (he didn't eat anything) complaining that we were unwelcoming.

Spent the next 10 days with each one of us in the house coming down with the vomiting bug one by one, ruining our Christmas plans and all of our time off work, and the kids' holiday from school. He still complains about how unwelcoming we were!

Please
or

Wonderfulchristmastime31 · 05/12/2021 20:56

There was always fall outs with my family at Christmas. The worst memory is a fight between my mother and uncle, because he had said something nasty to one of her kids. Argument then uncle was squaring up to my mother going to hit her . Then he started bringing up her past and things she had done, things us kids didn't know about - nothing terrible but past mistakes. Ruined the whole festive period as you can imagine.

Another year my mum and dad fell out and the tree came down on Christmas Day. Well got chucked down then put away! Lovely.

I spend every Christmas at home with my Dp and dc now.

Please
or

SoniaFouler · 05/12/2021 20:54

@Buzzer3555

My mum got pissed and broke all my daughters Christmas presents then shat in her bed.

Her own bed or your daughters? Neither is that great to be fair
OP's posts:
Please
or

roarfeckingroarr · 05/12/2021 20:54

These are gold

Please
or

SedentaryCat · 05/12/2021 20:53

The braking system on the car failed the day before we had planned to visit my Dad and step-mum. He liked to treat Christmas Eve as an early Christmas Day where the DCs opened presents, etc. We were due to be with him at around 11am so phoned to tell him we would struggle to be there for that time and that we were aiming to be with them at 1pm. No hot meal, just a buffet, so nothing that couldn't wait. He had plenty of warning.

We arranged to borrow MILs car, which meant DH had to take his car (two-seater) to MILs house and then drive her car back. It was at least an hour's round trip - not including the cup of tea and chat.

My father phoned every 30 minutes or so from about 10am to ask when we thought we would arrive and why weren't we there yet...When we eventually arrived at just after 1pm he completely ignored us and left my step-mother to host us. Behaved like a spoiled child.

Please
or

RodneyIsDave · 05/12/2021 20:51

Years ago, mother hungover on Xmas eve and Xmas day, threw up in the hallway then told us to carry on eating.. the smell of the vomit was vile and no we didn’t carry on eating!

Please
or

PowerhouseOfTheCell · 05/12/2021 20:46

Went to the pubs Xmas Eve with some friends, one friends mum turns up wasted with a group of men we don’t know. Declares to the whole pub she’s had a gang bang and just been fingered in the beer garden! Shock Absolute silence descends. My friend and her mum ended up scrapping in a bus shelter.
We’ve never spoken of it again but every time I go past that pub I shudder

Please
or

Buzzer3555 · 05/12/2021 20:40

My mum got pissed and broke all my daughters Christmas presents then shat in her bed.

Please
or

WhyMeLord · 05/12/2021 20:37

@logsonlogsoff

Friends DDad had some kind of midlife crisis and locked himself in his new expensive sports car in the driveway with a box of cigars and a bottle of whiskey and spent the whole day there crying, drinking and smoking and refusing to get out. The family took turns trying to get him to come in.
He was sobbing and muttering and shouting for everyone to JUST FUCK OFF!
Mad man.

This is Christmas goals 😂
Please
or

Ellen888 · 05/12/2021 20:36

Two of the family were playing Chinese Chequers with my grandparents. My grandad got fed up because my nan kept moving her pegs up the 'ladders' he'd made and winning.
So he snatched up the board and chucked, it pegs and all, onto the open fire.
It didn't half go up with a bang.
They never bought another set and we kids were forbidden to talk about it.....

Please
or

MakingTheBestOfIt · 05/12/2021 20:33

I hope your Christmases are happier now @DeltaFlyer Flowers

DH claims all his childhood Christmases were marred by his parents’ seething passive-aggression towards each other. Sadly they’re still together, in the words of DH’s brother, ‘both fully committed to making each other’s life a misery until the day one of them finally dies’ Sad

Please
or

ICanSeeARainbow123 · 05/12/2021 20:28

@TwoleftUggs

Mil wanted our dd to open presents from her on Xmas eve. We said not til xmas day. She threw a massive strop and chucked all our presents down the stairs one by one.

Sorry but some of these are fucking hilarious! 🤣
Please
or

TSSDNCOP · 05/12/2021 20:24

My best friends sister took the biscuit for Boxing Day drama every year.

She didn't have a boyfriend, no one else did, but Christmas was ruined

She had a boyfriend, no one else did, but Christmas was ruined

We had boyfriends, she didn't, so Christmas was ruined

We all had boyfriends (that year was like a Val Donican Xmas special of Gap cable jumpers) so Christmas was ruined

Sensing a theme we switched venue, so Christmas was ruined

She moved countries and everyone else thought flying 6k miles was a bit much for Boxing Day, so Christmas was long distanced ruined

Please
or

Mum2jenny · 05/12/2021 20:21

logsonlogsoff I can just about get his point of view. Nice place to sit in peace and get pissed with minimal aggro. What’s not to like?

Please
or

logsonlogsoff · 05/12/2021 20:14

Friends DDad had some kind of midlife crisis and locked himself in his new expensive sports car in the driveway with a box of cigars and a bottle of whiskey and spent the whole day there crying, drinking and smoking and refusing to get out. The family took turns trying to get him to come in.
He was sobbing and muttering and shouting for everyone to JUST FUCK OFF!
Mad man.

Please
or

Sweetpeasaremadeofcheese · 05/12/2021 20:04

My sister got VERY drunk and passed out. We drove her to the hospital. My mum decided it was my fault (???) and made me carry her in by myself. My sister is much bigger than me. She got rushed in past the full waiting room. While she was laying there on the bed and they were talking about pumping her stomach she woke up jolly as can be and started running around the hospital, with her bare arse hanging out the back of hospital gown. Family legend.

Please
or

DeltaFlyer · 05/12/2021 20:03

I was 17 and making the dinner as dm couldn't be arsed and she, db(19) and ds(24) sat on their arses all morning. I was still in the middle of dishing up/making gravy with meat juices when dm announces it's ready and to come get it to the room
I said no it wasn't ready but db must not have heard and came in, could see me still dishing up all the veg that he wouldn't eat for the other plates. Poured the not done gravy (just water and unstirred granules( over his dinner. He then went on a massive rant how people shouldn't claim to be able to make gravy if they make is piss water and demanded I plate him up another portion and make the gravy properly. When I said I did say it wasn't ready he threw his plate all over the kitchen and stormed off the to the pub in a huff. Dm said I ruined Christmas and ds agreed with her Hmm
The next 4 years I worked Christmas day at a care home so i didn't have to spend it with them.

Please
or

DysmalRadius · 05/12/2021 20:02

When I was about 22, my younger sister got a polaroid camera for Christmas a took a picture of me that wasn't particularly flattering. I laughed it off, but my dad said 'You've always been a funny looking thing. When you were younger I was always embarrassed as you looked like you had Down's Syndrome.' Just awful on every possible level.

Apparently he wonders why we are NC...

Please
or

WillYouDoTheFandango · 05/12/2021 19:54

I’d been seeing someone for a couple of months when I was 19. I met his mum on Xmas day. She got absolutely shit faced and threw a microwave at him. We ended up in A&E while he cut stitches in his hand where the shattered turntable hit him.

I never went back there again.

Please
or

cptartapp · 05/12/2021 19:54

PIL with pots of money, contributed two £1 cheesecakes from Morrisons for Christmas lunch for ten, plus six mince pies.
And took home those mince pies uneaten.
Plus spent twice as much on SIL DC presents than our DC which they think I didn't notice

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.