Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To think she looks NOWHERE near 35

papayaorange · 02/12/2021 18:52

Jenna Coleman in the Boots Christmas advert. Wow what a beautiful woman and does not look 35

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

Mufasa1118 · 02/12/2021 21:01

I remember men telling me I was old since I was 28.
I remember a man telling me I was old when I was 30.
So by the time I was 34 I thought I was ancient. When I was so you g!
I have seen many women crying about turning 30.

What is that about men? Why do they do it. Tell women they are old.
It's just another form of abuse, to make women feel bad about themselves, I guess.

Please
or

Electricdreams22 · 02/12/2021 21:00

Who are these men! How old are they themselves. What losers.

I do remember that Cara on Love Island telling fellow ‘islanders’ that she was old, at 25…

Please
or

Clymene · 02/12/2021 21:00

'She looks good for her age' is exactly the same thing as saying 'she doesn't look 35' Confused

Please
or

Mufasa1118 · 02/12/2021 20:59

@Electricdreams22

I can’t believe that men told you you were old at 34, what bastards, you’re well rid of losers like that

I remember men telling me I was old loads of times . I remember a man telling me that I was old when I was 28! Though he was a real loser in general.

Then I went travelling for a year when I was 30. I met an English man and he introduced me to another man. He said about me "here is Sarah, she is 30 so she is not that young". The other man had the decency to say "30 is young!"

I went travelling against year and I met a woman who was crying about turning 30 because she was old. A man in the same hotel as us, said about her to me "she is getting old". I wanted to tell her she is so young! It is men that tell us we are old all the time. I don't know what's wrong with them! Is it a way of keeping women down. I find it is always said in a way of "you're old, you should be at home with kids now not out here enjoying yourself or doing anything fun for yourself. One man said those exact words to me when I was 28. He said "why are you not married with kids by now.

Did anyone watch love island this year. There was a woman on it who was 26. A man asked her how old she was, she said 26, and he said "oh you're over your best years then, you're over the hill".

Like seriously!

I heard a great piece of advice once. It was "live as if men don't exist"
Please
or

EdenFlower · 02/12/2021 20:58

She's very beautiful.

I think she looks young due to her facial proportions and features rather than it being anything to do wither skin. She's very babyfaced; dimples, wide eyes, round face etc.

Please
or

Maireas · 02/12/2021 20:56

@friedeggandsauce

She looks fab but really doesn't look 18!! I somethings think people forget how young 18 year olds look!!

Very true. She definitely looks in her thirties - young abd attractive, but not a teenager!
Please
or

Starcup · 02/12/2021 20:56

@StrychnineInTheSandwiches

Some posters on here would have us believe that they are often mistaken for 26/27 at 45! Like a generation younger!

Yes. I have seen a few posts where middle aged posters are adamant that everyone thinks they're their 21 year old child's sibling. They do make me laugh. And then roll my eyes!

🤣😂
Please
or

HarrisonStickle · 02/12/2021 20:51

I think she looks in her 30s which is great as she is in her 30s,

Please
or

Electricdreams22 · 02/12/2021 20:51

I can’t believe that men told you you were old at 34, what bastards, you’re well rid of losers like that

Please
or

Mufasa1118 · 02/12/2021 20:50

What actually is happening here is this:

The media and patriarchal society have told women for a long time that thirties is old. That you should be married with kids by thirties. That you are old and over the hill in your thirties. Which is so wrong.

I remember crying at 34 because I Was old, because men told me I was old. Now I'm 37 and I have seen through the stupidity, and I see that 30s are young.

We have been trained by society to see women in their 30s as old and middle aged. Which is so ridiculous! Would you think a man that a man who is 35 is old?

Jenna Coleman looks young because she is young!

Please
or

Electricdreams22 · 02/12/2021 20:48

I wish we could normalise not equating attractiveness with youth, I am astonished on here when I read posters saying they’ve ‘lost their looks’ at 30!

I know they’ve had plenty of work done but look at J-Lo, Jennifer Anniston, Tess Daly, Elizabeth Hurley etc.
All in their 50s but still considered as very attractive, and don’t have that ‘plastic’ look either

Please
or

Maireas · 02/12/2021 20:46

Some of these comments remind me of a thread a few months back - anyone remember it? - a woman of 60 claiming that she was always mistaken for a twenty something?
It was quite astonishing, but became quite a funny thread.

Please
or

friedeggandsauce · 02/12/2021 20:45

She looks fab but really doesn't look 18!! I somethings think people forget how young 18 year olds look!!

Please
or

irregularegular · 02/12/2021 20:44

Yes she's beautiful. And she has a young face. A real baby face!

Please
or

Maireas · 02/12/2021 20:42

Some posters on here would have us believe that they are often mistaken for 26/27 at 45! Like a generation younger!

Yes. I have seen a few posts where middle aged posters are adamant that everyone thinks they're their 21 year old child's sibling. They do make me laugh. And then roll my eyes!

There's never any photographic evidence!
Please
or

Cam22 · 02/12/2021 20:42

Not a fan of brown eyes.

Please
or

Cam22 · 02/12/2021 20:40

She looked better with blue eyes when she played Queen Victoria.

Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 02/12/2021 20:35

*my teenage daughter

Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 02/12/2021 20:35

As I said, no-one looks more than 7-8 years younger. people frequently get my age wrong by 12-14 years and think I am much younger. To the point where I was called a liar by saying my daughter was actually my daughter because I wasn’t old enough. It can be annoying but maybe I will be grateful in 10/15 years time.

Please
or

SussexBonfireViking · 02/12/2021 20:31

The poor dogs, *@SussexBonfireViking*, one day they'll pipe up themselves and say 'we're deerhounds actually!' Grin

I'd feel like a medieval warrior woman striding along with those two beauts.

Yes - it is kind of like that (and we're not too far from Hove actually )

You should see them as puppies, they are totally bonkers and still massive!
Please
or

StrychnineInTheSandwiches · 02/12/2021 20:31

Please
or

MyDcAreMarvel · 02/12/2021 20:30

Do you mean n the advert or in general ? She absolutely looks 35 here , attractive yes but looks her age which is fine.

To think she looks NOWHERE near 35
Please
or

HikingforScenery · 02/12/2021 20:30

She’s lovely looking but I’d guess her to be in her to be mid 30s, if I saw her for the first time.

Please
or

StrychnineInTheSandwiches · 02/12/2021 20:27

The poor dogs, @SussexBonfireViking, one day they'll pipe up themselves and say 'we're deerhounds actually!' Grin

I'd feel like a medieval warrior woman striding along with those two beauts.

Please
or

StrychnineInTheSandwiches · 02/12/2021 20:25

Ah thank you, @Blossomtoes Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.