Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Is this positive?!

Omgwhatthehell · 01/12/2021 13:13

I’ve name changed for this. I am due in hospital tomorrow for a colposcopy because of periods being all over the place. Just decided to do a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side.
DH and I were told earlier this year it was very unlikely we could conceive due to my age and low AMH levels.

Was not expecting this. I’m not going nuts am I? Is this positive? Is there any way it could be wrong?

DH is at work & I can’t talk to him for a couple of hours. Am shaking.

Is this positive?!
OP's posts:
Please
or

uncomfortablydumb53 · 15/03/2022 17:06

Another one thinking about you. I'm glad to hear your doing well and I'm sure you're excitingly waiting to meet your surprise son

Please
or

ISmellBurnings · 15/03/2022 17:09

Such a lovely thread! Please start another when this one fills up. So pleased for you. I have boys, they are ace! ☺️

Please
or

justlonelystars · 15/03/2022 17:56

I’ve been following along on this thread since it started and just thought I’d drop a congratulations! I’m a bit biased but baby boys are just the BEST 💙

Please
or

Melminiani · 15/03/2022 17:58

I’ve only just seen this thread so I’m pretty late to the party 😁 but wanted to say how very thrilled I am for you both 💙 congratulations!

Please
or

Dita73 · 16/03/2022 00:55

This is fantastic news! So happy for you,I might wee a bit!! It’s ok,it would be worth it! This is definitely the best thread EVER!!! Wish I could give you a hug! Sending best wishes and lots of love xx 💙

Please
or

Omgwhatthehell · 16/03/2022 11:13

Thanks everyone Smile
I might go for a walk to the shops at lunch to start getting some baby grows in. That's something I never thought I'd say!

OP's posts:
Please
or

loopycurtains · 16/03/2022 11:58

Oh that's cute! Have fun😊

Please
or

MuchuseasaChocolateTeapot · 16/03/2022 12:56

I love this thread! We didn’t have an easy time conceiving and I have loved every moment. Congratulations x

Please
or

irishfarmer · 16/03/2022 15:57

Baby boy, congrats! I have my scan in 2 weeks and I can't decide if I will find out or not, I can think of good things either way. I have covid now too :( feeling v rough with it. Glad you got over it

Please
or

Omgwhatthehell · 16/03/2022 17:04

Oh I hope you feel better soon @irishfarmer it's rotten getting it when you are pregnant.
I only felt really rough for a few days, so hopefully you'll improve soon.

I feel like knowing the baby's sex is helping me bond more, but I'm sure it would also be lovely to have the reward of finding out on the day!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hiphopboppertybop99 · 16/03/2022 20:44

Congratulations OP, what a lovely thread. Hope you continue to keep us updated Flowers

Please
or

mumofsennimaul · 22/03/2022 14:51

Oh that's great to hear all is going well. Your wee boy is loved so much already 💙

Please
or

resipsa · 22/03/2022 22:31

So pleased to read everything is going well. Good luck with choosing a name!

Please
or

Bexsta101 · 02/04/2022 16:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

BlueSuffragette · 06/04/2022 18:41

A fantastic thread OP. So delighted for you and love your updates. 💙🥰

Please
or

VVKills27 · 06/04/2022 22:06

I’ve been lurking on this thread for ages…Congratulations on your healthy scan & discovery of boy-bump! I have 3 boys. He’ll be super snuggly & you will be his queen ⭐️

Please
or

Nottogetapenny · 20/04/2022 16:53

Hope you are well, and enjoying shopping for your baby boy.
💙🌺

Please
or

Heronatemygoldfish · 20/04/2022 21:41

I love this thread. I too was an older mum with a surprise boy at 40. Said boy is now taller than me and a teenager, and I also had a cat glued to me during pregnancy! I wish you all the best!

Please
or

Omgwhatthehell · 20/04/2022 22:50

Hi @Nottogetapenny and @Heronatemygoldfish
All is good with me!
I’ve still got a cat glued to me most of the time bless him. I tried to have a nap late this afternoon and he jumped on my chest to join in, purring really loud and waking me up.

I have definitely been enjoying getting everything prepared for the new arrival. We’ve got most of the big stuff sorted and I’ve been picking up some lovely sleepsuits and baby grows.

I’m just over 25 weeks now and my bump has really popped out over the last week. It’s hard to believe it’s still got a lot of growing to do.
I’m feeling pretty good though, touch wood. Just a bit tired every now and then.
I’m torn between not being able to wait to meet our little one, and wanting to have enough time to make sure everything is ready for him!

Will keep you all posted.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lalliella · 20/04/2022 23:40

What a lovely thread 💜 Congratulations OP

Please
or

2018SoFarSoGreat · 21/04/2022 00:26

I'm just beaming catching up on all of your thread, OP. It had fallen off my watch list somehow, but today you are back and well and baby (BOY!) is growing as we speak. I could not be happier for you. You sound like you will be a lovely mum. Well, you already are a lovely mum. Enjoy all of this, every precious moment. Please keep posting as all the Aunties can't wait to meet him.

Please
or

OrlandointheWilderness · 21/04/2022 09:07

So glad everything is going well op!

Please
or

MissMaple82 · 21/04/2022 09:11

I thought the green ones were ovulation sticks

Please
or

Pompom2367 · 21/04/2022 09:16

I have just caught up on your thread and im so excited for you op this is such a lovely thread X

Please
or

Coldnoseandtoes · 21/04/2022 09:24

MissMaple82

I thought the green ones were ovulation sticks

They say hcg on, it's a pregnancy test.

Lovely thread, wishing you all the best OP!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.