Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mcdonalds breakfast

jd88123 · 29/11/2021 10:26

Aibu that you can't beat a McDonald's breakfast? Especially after a 13 hour night shift when you snuggle in bed and it's frosty and cold outside on a winters morning.
I know they are terribly unhealthy but a sausage and egg mcmuffin.. Yum!!
Aibu?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

RedElephants · 29/11/2021 15:18

They NEED to bring the Bagels back..!!

Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 29/11/2021 15:18

@AdmiralCain

I'm scientific, Science required you doubt everything. Religion requires belief. I don't confuse the two. I don't believe in companies, I doubt most things, I require proof, Yes I doubt mcdonalds are the great company you say they are.
If you roll over and believe everything people say, well... You'll very quickly end up on the relationship board asking why all your partners treat you like a muggins (a foolish guilable person)

Did we all just step into an alternate universe??
Please
or

GetTheFlockOutOfHere · 29/11/2021 15:15

I see the majority - almost 7 out of 10 posters think YANBU @jd88123 but it didn't take long for the snide, condescending, rude, obnoxious, demeaning comments (about McDonalds,) to come out from a few posters. Despite the fact their food is no more 'crap' or 'bad' or 'unhealthy' than most places. You never see Burger King, Nandos, KFC, Costa, Starbucks, or any other eateries getting the same flak.

It's the same with the rubbish. When a new Maccies is opening, people moan about how all the waste and rubbish will be strewn in laybys and on grass banks and in hedges etc. No-one ever moans like this about anywhere else.

The snobbery around Maccies is pathetic. Also, having known 5 different people who have worked there over the years, I can tell you that their health and hygiene standards are impeccable. Better than most. So bore off with the libellous snobbery.

Mumsnet never fails to deliver does it? When a thread pops up like this, a raft of people come on it looking down their nose at things deemed 'only for the common!' Wink

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 29/11/2021 15:08

I never have cheese in any of the breakfast items, because I don't like plastic cheese and don't think it goes with sausage or bacon.

My order used to be a Big Breakfast. Then it was either a sausage bagel, no cheese, or a breakfast wrap. They don't do any of them now.

Please
or

GetTheFlockOutOfHere · 29/11/2021 15:08

@19lottie82

local farm shop café for me with home made sausages and fresh eggs

McDonalds use fresh eggs.

This. ^
Please
or

Tabitha005 · 29/11/2021 15:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

WeeWeeWeeeee · 29/11/2021 15:00

Unlike the rest of my family, I’m not keen on the McDonalds breakfast options. Burger King hash browns on the other hand…

Please
or

Tigger85 · 29/11/2021 14:56

Their breakfast foods are utterly vile, I would much rather be able to get a burger at any random time of day than have their breakfast items available untl 11am.

Please
or

FredAstairesChair · 29/11/2021 14:56

Couldn't pay me to eat one

Please
or

jinglealltheway55 · 29/11/2021 14:54

@Pawprintpaper the cheese makes it, trust me

Please
or

bustersword · 29/11/2021 14:52

@Mushypeasandchipstogo

I’m with *@AdmiralCain* on this one , you would have to force feed me any type of McDonald’s and I’m not a healthy eater by any stretch of the imagination!

Good for you, give yourself a medal.
Please
or

livelyredjellybean · 29/11/2021 14:52

I do love a McDonalds sausage and egg McMuffin. But it tastes just as good to make it at home!

Please
or

Pawprintpaper · 29/11/2021 14:50

Do they have cheese in though? Not sure about that

Please
or

Mushypeasandchipstogo · 29/11/2021 14:45

I’m with @AdmiralCain on this one , you would have to force feed me any type of McDonald’s and I’m not a healthy eater by any stretch of the imagination!

Please
or

AdmiralCain · 29/11/2021 14:39

Oh I hate google, with their Tax avoidance (Cough cough tax evasion) But sadly Ask Jeeves is not the search engine it once was!

Please
or

KurtWildesChristmasNamechange · 29/11/2021 14:38

@AdmiralCain

I'm scientific, Science required you doubt everything. Religion requires belief. I don't confuse the two. I don't believe in companies, I doubt most things, I require proof, Yes I doubt mcdonalds are the great company you say they are.
If you roll over and believe everything people say, well... You'll very quickly end up on the relationship board asking why all your partners treat you like a muggins (a foolish guilable person)

I hope this is a joke 😂
Please
or

depremesnil · 29/11/2021 14:36

@AdmiralCain

Believing any old shite you read on Google doesn't seem very scientific to me.
Please
or

Jibberjabberhutt · 29/11/2021 14:35

@AdmiralCain

😂
Please
or

ghostyslovesheets · 29/11/2021 14:33

This thread is brilliant - I especially like Enjoy a Mcbreakfast = your partner will cheat 'scientific' theory.

I love an egg Mcmuffin me

we don't all have lovely free range farm shops on our doorsteps - some of us are common!

Please
or

drpaddington · 29/11/2021 14:31

I miss the sausage and egg bagel! It had the most delicious creamy sauce.

Please
or

CityMumma78 · 29/11/2021 14:28

I love a McDonalds breakfast… you cannot beat a sausage and egg McMuffin its delish!

Please
or

AdmiralCain · 29/11/2021 14:25

Please
or

limitedperiodonly · 29/11/2021 14:20

I absolutely adore a really lovely farm shop brunch. Our local one does bacon and sourdough baguettes that are to die for.

@baffledcoconut I don't doubt it but to me sourdough bread tastes faintly of vomit and ruins the point of a bacon sandwich which in many cases is to settle your stomach. But it's all you can get round here these days so I make mine at home. Why do people mess about with things?

Please
or

Staryflight445 · 29/11/2021 14:19

I don’t like the muffins and the flatbread thing is rock hard every time. The sandwhich things are naff too.

Bring back wraps and bagels!

Please
or

Birkenshock · 29/11/2021 14:12

The morning of my wedding day, I had all my bridesmaids, they had set the table with the fanciest China for a girls wedding breakfast. Champagne in glasses. Little trays of fancy posh cut fruit. And McDonalds Sausage & egg McMuffin's with hash browns because they all knew it's my favourite breakfast in the world 😂😂😂

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.