Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

I’ve been admitted to hospital at 37 weeks pg and my do didn’t want to join me

PinkFing · 29/11/2021 06:51

AIBU as he’s got work in the morning?

I’ve had a really intense migraine all night and have literally been crawling around our flat in pain. He didn’t want to wake up Ans was telling me to be quiet. At three I called a taxi to take me in after speaking to triage.

I asked if he wanted to come and he said no as he’s got work in the morning.

I’m now dosed up on strong pain relief and have been told I’m staying in tonight. He said he’ll pop by after work.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

GodIsAVegan · 29/11/2021 07:15

He would have been more sympathetic in the day but is not happy to be woken at night.

He does realise babies tend to wake up in the night?

Please
or

PinkFing · 29/11/2021 07:14

I get a migraine about once a year but I can’t take the usual tablets. He would have been more sympathetic in the day but is not happy to be woken at night.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Rosiiiiie · 29/11/2021 07:12

Are you any better OP? Sorry you’re feeling so rubbish!

You DP acted like a bit of a dick tbh. He should’ve made sure you got to hospital ok, even if it meant he couldn’t stay. Hope he’s in a better mood today!

Please
or

spotcheck · 29/11/2021 07:11

If he’d come with you he’d have had to pay for a taxi back, plus presumably he needs to work to provide for you and baby

...and?

Do we know her partner doesn't drive? Do we know that they are down to their last can if beans, and can't afford the return taxi?

Please
or

MiddayMass · 29/11/2021 07:10

Are you prone to migraines OP? I’m trying to work out why he appears to have shown no concern at all. Did he think it probably was ‘just a migraine? Not that it would make the situation any better, he still left you in pain and did bugger all. I can’t imagine a heavily pregnant loved one being in agony and crawling around and me not being very concerned and doing whatever I could to help. Hypothetically something more serious could have been going on (thank god it wasn’t) and you could have been seriously ill and deteriorating. This is terrible behaviour from him.

Please
or

Thethreecs · 29/11/2021 07:09

*told you, not tilt

Please
or

Double3xposure · 29/11/2021 07:09

@thenewduchessofhastings

He let his heavily pregnant partner who's quite poorly take herself to the hospital and didn't even bother to ensure you got there safely?

What a selfish horrible wanker.

This.

I hope you are feeling a bit better op.
Please
or

Thethreecs · 29/11/2021 07:09

He tilt you to be quiet while you were crawling around in pain! Seriously that's shit behaviour.

It doesn't matter if he had work, he should have drove you and drove home after dropping you off if he wasn't allowed in.

Head pain in pregnancy can be serious, you didn't know for sure that it was just a migraine. He should have been there for you, he could have gone into work a bit late.

Please
or

Whatwouldscullydo · 29/11/2021 07:08

Unless there were kids at home that needed watching, at the very least I'd have expected him to accompany you to the hospital. Its not right to leave someone in serious pain who might possibly be unable be too out of it or in too much pain to be coherent. He should have been there til he couldn't be there.

Unfortunately I can tell you from experience that when you have to do their thinking for them.like those, it doesn't get any better.

Please
or

PinkFing · 29/11/2021 07:08

That’s what I’m worrying about. He hasn’t grown up during pregnancy but I have and I don’t think he’s ready

OP's posts:
Please
or

GodIsAVegan · 29/11/2021 07:08

He should have been up speaking to the hospital for you and trying to get you as comfortable as possible. You are feeling ill and carrying his child. He’s selfish and uncaring and it sounds like this isn’t the first time. Don’t have anymore kids with this prick.

I hope everything is ok with you and your baby.

Please
or

femfemlicious · 29/11/2021 07:07

This man does not love you. Please dont have any more children by him.

Please
or

Shehasadiamondinthesky · 29/11/2021 07:06

What an uncaring prick. If that was my partner I'd have driven hi. In even if I wasn't allowed in and I've have been there. This doesn't bode well for the future. What about night feeds baby crying, if you are ill ffs. Cant believe the people saying this is OK. They clearly have no standards at all.

Please
or

Beautiful3 · 29/11/2021 07:05

I think if he had a car, then he should have taken you in. If he didn't then you going by taxi was the right thing to do. He wouldn't have been allowed into hospital with you anyway.

Please
or

PinkFing · 29/11/2021 07:05

Thanks, I think that’s what is at the heart of it. I fantasied he’d turn into a stereotypical over protective dad to be and he hasn’t yet.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jayaywhynot · 29/11/2021 07:02

Regardless of how serious the outcome, if you were crawling around in pain you'd hope your oh would at least take you to the hospital if triage thinks it's serious enough to go.
Even if they have work today, I'd call that an emergency situation.
What did he do, roll over and go back to sleep whilst his pregnant oh takes off to hospital alone?
I'd be furious, how uncaring is that?
Hope you're OK op

Please
or

PinkFing · 29/11/2021 07:01

Much better now but wish I could sleep. Bp cuff going off every 1/2 hour!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

GoodnightGrandma · 29/11/2021 07:01

If he’d come with you he’d have had to pay for a taxi back, plus presumably he needs to work to provide for you and baby.
Perhaps he thinks that he needs to save his time off for when the baby comes.
But if there’s more going on here, perhaps you need to re-think your situation 💐

Please
or

PinkFing · 29/11/2021 06:59

@whitehorsesdonotlie I was booked on the birth centre (not anymore) so they have a direct number to call thank God. I hate 111

OP's posts:
Please
or

AnguaResurgam · 29/11/2021 06:59

It's right that he didn't go in with you

It's utterly wrong that he was so dismissive whilst you were feel so bad at home before you were advised to go in.

Make sure he brings everything you need for an overnight stay when he visits later. Visiting hours are typically much more limited at the moment - so you might not be missing that much anyhow.

How are you feeling now? Flowers it horrible to have a bad migraine at all, let alone during the last weeks of pregnancy

Please
or

tallduckandhandsome · 29/11/2021 06:58

Why wouldn’t he have been allowed in? I’ve accompanied DH and mum to A&E recently.

Please
or

thenewduchessofhastings · 29/11/2021 06:58

He let his heavily pregnant partner who's quite poorly take herself to the hospital and didn't even bother to ensure you got there safely?

What a selfish horrible wanker.

Please
or

PinkFing · 29/11/2021 06:57

Thank you. I think I just need to go in perspective.

It’s just another dent in my thinking he’s be super excited and caring throughout my pregnancy when he hasn’t Sad. Sorry to drop feed

OP's posts:
Please
or

EveryAction · 29/11/2021 06:57

He should of taken you in

Please
or

tallduckandhandsome · 29/11/2021 06:57

There is no way I’d let a loved one go to hospital alone at 3am, especially if they had been crawling around in pain the night before.

Doesn’t bode well for his fatherhood.

I hope you’re feeling better now Flowers

You know what to do next time he is sick. Nothing.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.