Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Nightlight recommendations

4 replies

Fireinbelly · 02/09/2020 00:24

My 2 year old had so far been happy to sleep in total darkness but seems scared now. if he wakes in the middle of the night, he sounds really scared and calls for us where before he would just have a shuffle and get back to sleep. He has just done it now and as soon as I turned the corridor light on he settled.
Any recommendations on something that helped your LO? I want to make sure that whatever I buy has a really low and soft light. Thanks!

OP posts:
MuddlingThrough1724 · 02/09/2020 00:25

Ikea do a cheap and cheerful hedgehog night light that either is a low white light or rotates round the colours. Works well here, and has a built in timer so stays on for 12 hours or so, then turns itself off.

PiratePetespajamas · 02/09/2020 00:44

I really like the very simple plug-in Lindam ones. They give off a soft blue light. It’s not very much but enough that you can move around the room without banging into stuff and see faces if close up. Kids have them and we have them on the stairs too.

Fireinbelly · 02/09/2020 00:45

Oh it looks great thanks! Think I have an anxious toddler from a first day back at nursery today. Loved it when he was there but the separation anxiety is coming through tonight! He gets back to sleep and wakes 5 minutes later...

OP posts:
UserFriendly14 · 02/09/2020 01:13

@PiratePetespajamas

I really like the very simple plug-in Lindam ones. They give off a soft blue light. It’s not very much but enough that you can move around the room without banging into stuff and see faces if close up. Kids have them and we have them on the stairs too.

I swear by these too. Not sure if they all are, but ours have a sensor so they are only as bright as needed and turn off during daylight.
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.