My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask for recommendations for Eurocamp campsite please?

42 replies

NameChangerAmI · 11/06/2019 10:24

We will be going as a family of 5 this summer (three DCs one almost 14, and two preteens). All are confident and capable swimmers, so preferably ones with good outdoor pools and maybe with a water slide or two.

We don't have a tent or caravan, so will be using the campsites own accommodation.

Would also appreciate views on ones to avoid like the plague, and any handy hints of how to make the holiday as good as possible. Not asking for much, then! Grin

Thanks very much if anyone replies.

OP posts:
daisydoooo · 11/06/2019 22:57

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EmeraldShamrock · 11/06/2019 22:58

Is there many pps would recommend for a non driver, somewhere preferably close to the airport or ferry port.
I'd love to bring the DC on a budget trip, but don't drive.

CharityConundrum · 11/06/2019 23:15

I'm another who recommends Duinrell in Holland - the theme park has plenty for all ages and the water park is awesome (the largest in Benelux I believe!).

Boysnme · 12/06/2019 11:33

Is there many pps would recommend for a non driver, somewhere preferably close to the airport or ferry port.
I'd love to bring the DC on a budget trip, but don't drive

We don’t drive to Duinrell, we fly to Schipol then have either got the train/bus or a taxi from the airport. Both fairly easy to do.

Would also recommend Canvas holidays for booking, we’ve never had any problems with them.

changeofnamefornow · 12/06/2019 23:22

Another for Duinrell, amazing holiday despite chucking it down. Canvas Holidays are like eurocamp, but Scottish company, sites in all the same places tho. Have fun!

NameChangerAmI · 13/06/2019 06:22

Thanks everyone. We hadn't considered booking with anyone other than Eurocamp, so thanks for all the alternative recommendations.

We still haven't made our minds up yet - I think we'd better get a shifty on!

OP posts:
TheShuttle · 13/06/2019 06:46

I would never recommend eurocamp or canvas holidays. They seem to be run by badly paid students whose priority is not your massively overpriced peak season holiday. The mobile homes are of variable quality and cleanliness but mostly grubby IME. Some campsites are where mobile homes seem to be sent to die.

If you must use one of these companies I would ask where their most recent mobile homes are and work from there. Then you at least you shouldn't have mould in the shower area etc.

I would look at companies like

www.vacansoleil.co.uk/
www.yellohvillage.co.uk/

These 2 companies set the bar much higher and seem to be professionally managed. I'm sure there are others.

Alternatively, rent a holiday home close to a big campsite and pay for daily use of the pools. We paid c 700/week peak season a few years ago for a 3 bed/2 bath place which included the campsite facilities. A fraction of the cost of a tiny mobile home onsite.

BananaBooBoo · 13/06/2019 07:02

We have been to Bella Italia three times, Dunreill and CAmbrils in Spain. All fantastic holidays but did have problems with at Dunreil and Eurocamp handled it poorly. Have uses Canvas too. I'd say you wouldn't get Bella Italia this late so I'd go for CAmbrils and it's near a brilliant theme park which is a must for us. Lovely pools! Have a lovely holiday.

PenguinsRabbits · 13/06/2019 09:28

When we did ours we booked through booking.com so did not stay in Eurocamp mobile home. Ours was immaculate. If you look at Tripadviser reviews (take care for fake reviews) gives a good idea.

The Eurocamp only had certain categories of mobile home which weren't as nice as ours but we had gone for the most expensive one tbf to Eurocamp.

PenguinsRabbits · 13/06/2019 09:31

In France you can often get very good deals end of August / early September as French tend to go more July and first half of August.

Havanananana · 13/06/2019 09:48

Another alternative - somewhere like Fanø off the west coast of Denmark.

Fly to Billund, then hire a car or take the express bus to Esbjerg, then a short ferry trip (12 minutes) to the island. Sites such as Rodgaard Camping have mobile homes, cabins and 'Glamping' as well as tents for hire. The whole island is like stepping back in time by about 30 years - there is no need for a water park as the beaches are beautiful.

Billund of course is the location of the original Legoland. For older kids, there is also the new hi-tech Lego House. There is also the Lalandia resort - all these are right next to the small airport, so it's easy to do a night or two there at the beginning or end of the holiday.

Sooverthemill · 13/06/2019 10:05

We have camped at a number of French campsites through Eurocamp and canvas and also venue? Venue is much smaller and we found it cheaper. Not the latest tents but absolutely fine. We've also use charisma for a mobile home once. I love the vendee (camping du jars), ( Brittany ( la foret fouesnant)

ImperfectTents · 13/06/2019 16:51

Huttopia campsites are great too. They are run by a chain but generally have a nice vibe

ElBanana · 13/06/2019 16:58

We loved Marina Di Venezia. It's massive so you need to hire bikes. The beach is stunning and it's a quick boat ride to Venice. Loads of water slides too. We stayed in a Eurocamp van next to the beach.

Butterfly on Lake Garda is also nice but probably not what you're looking for. The pool (and site) is small but it's on the lake which is lovely to swim in.

firawla · 13/06/2019 17:04

We have booked for altomincio near lake Garda. Was planning on booking Bella italia but went for this instead at the last minute

luckygreeneyes · 15/06/2019 23:13

@firawla you won’t regret it! Ee’re Back there next week and can’t wait

BiscuitsWithEverythingPlease · 16/06/2019 01:26

Highly reccommend Chateau des Ormes in Brittany. Five pools including indoor and one with a wave ma shine horseriding, paintball, golf course on site, archery etc and the usual sporting activities. Restaurant shop, bar, disco and entertainment too. It's great for the ages group you mention as they can have some freedom but in a safe environment. The site rent out accommodation and eurocamp have tents and mobile homes. Theres enough to do to keep the youngsters happy but nice and chilled so the adults can have a good time too.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.