Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU to ask for your Eurocamp experiences

45 replies

Nottheduchessofcambridge · 23/12/2018 09:00

I’m thinking of going on holiday to a Eurocamp resort next year. I’m really worried we’ll pick a rubbish park and be really disappointed. Looking for somewhere we can drive to, using any port or Chunnel.
Somewhere hot, and with water slides and clubs for two children who will be 11 and 7.
We went to Florida last year so it’ll be a tough act to follow (even though it did rain nearly every day). If you have had any really bad or really good Eurocamp trumps, please could you tell me, my head is fried from looking through the brochure!

OP posts:
Rayn · 30/12/2018 19:06

Chesterado

Is Playa Montroig worth the money as seems very pricey as we need to go in school hols. We looked at the one next door Torre del all which was nearly 600 cheaper for the week? X

medusa83 · 30/12/2018 19:25

We went to Le Vieux Port in the south of France twice and had a fab time both times. We stayed in a "supertent" which is already there and has 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with beds, cooking appliances etc. The accommodation was really very cheap.

blueskiesandforests · 30/12/2018 19:37

If you ant waterslides and a busier camp with more facilities I second / third/ etc the Yelloh chain - we stayed at one in the south of France. Lots of operators including Eurocamp have caravans and tents on Yelloh sites.

Eurocamp hold your hand and have more involved reps but others like Happy Camp often have better or identical caravans for a lot less money. If you're clever you pick an operator based in a country with different school holidays for access to shoulder season prices in UK school holidays...

I always recommend Bella Italia for an alternative all singing all dancing but uncrowded, well maintained site.

We enjoyed a lot of Eurocamp style holidays when our kids were in 10, but only used Eurocamp the first time as other operators on the same site with the same caravans are so much cheaper. We stayed in France once but Italy and Croatia mostly.

I must say that we feel those holidays have about run their course for our older 2 kids - they are pretty much ideal with under 10s though especially if you're happy for them to play with a crowd of other kids, which is half the point. That gets harder for over 10s unless they're footballers - there is usually an international football match to join in... Our kids have a couple of lasting friendships with children they're still in email and postcard contact with years later.

Spideygirl77 · 30/12/2018 19:41

We use yelloh village much better than eurocamp. Staff are much more helpful and knowledgable. We did Duinrell in Holland this summer gone, the park itself was excellent. However the caravan when we arrived was tired and dirty the staff were obviously over worked and disinterested. We were missing a mattress of a bed the staff said “ you would not of wanted to sleep on it” ....”we have ordered a new one”. It arrived the second night. God knows what it was like as after this comment I inspected the others they were thilthy. Queue toddler in bed with us for night. Which was fun!!
The rental was dirty and well used a bit of a shock after travelling through France using Yelloh village. Made me swear to never ever use a euro camp holiday rental ever again. There was also a pile of rubbish from previous occupants outside our rental that remained there our whole stay. Other areas of Duinrell were not as run down. Avoid Euro camp at all costs. Obvious they are not as customer service savvy as other providers.

Doyouthinktheysaurus · 30/12/2018 19:41

We went to a eurocamp place near Lake Garda and it was absolutely hideous.

The caravan was cramped, air con was as much as useless and the road in and out of the site was hair raising in the morning extreme, ridiculously steep with hair pin bends.

We left early, it was so bad. 40 degree heat and air con not functioning adequately, hated every minute.

Doyouthinktheysaurus · 30/12/2018 19:42

morning

brokenhead · 30/12/2018 19:44

Frejus fab

One in Garda great but no slides I don't think

summerlovingliz · 30/12/2018 19:46

We have had lots of great Eurocamp experiences, trip advisor really useful for helping with decision making

Largepiecesofcrookedwood · 30/12/2018 19:51

We've used them a lot and have always been happy with them, though as a PP also said, we tend to use the pools and bar and then go off park for the rest of the time.
Our last experience the caravan was quite shit and the staff were young and inexperienced, probably because the parc had only been open a couple of weeks. I ended up complaining and was given a credit to my account (which means we will have to use them again to make use of it)
Aside from this we've always been happy, though I've found that the smaller family run parts tend to be better than the larger ones, though this is just our personal experience.

mrsmalcolmreynolds · 30/12/2018 19:57

We went to Mane Guernehue in south Brittany summer 2016 and it was really nice. Weather was good bar one rainy day and it was just a four hour drive from Cherbourg. Agree with PP that you would need to go further south for really reliable hot weather.

Probably better for slightly younger kids as medium sized parc so the pools weren't massive, but bouncy castle area and playground were perfect for our two who were 6 and 3 at the time.

Nottheduchessofcambridge · 31/12/2018 19:56

Oh Brilliant, that’s great help thanks. Going to have a look at Yelloh x

OP posts:
mrswarthog · 31/12/2018 20:01

La Sirene in Argeles-Sur-Mer, Vilanova- i- la Geltru or Castell Mogri (Spain) are amazing (& we used Lifestyle Holidays rather than Eurocamp as they're much cheaper)

HMBB · 01/01/2019 09:06

We stayed at a beautiful campsite in the Dordogne called Camping Zoe Paradis. Weather very hot, drive from Chunnel about 7 hours I think and the most beautiful site. The owners have ru. It for over fifty years and take a lot of pleasure in plants and maintaining the site.

They had a number of cabins/ safari tents to hire directly or with or other companies and they looked fab. There are three pools and two kiddies pools. Lots of space to play too and a lovely bar, kids club, canoeing etc.

HMBB · 01/01/2019 09:07

Camping le Paradis not Zoe!!

CharltonLido73 · 01/01/2019 09:16

We did loads of Eurocamp holidays back in the day (kids grown up now).

Our all-time favourite was this one - had lots of holidays there:

www.eurocamp.co.uk/campsites/tuscanycentralitalyelba/in018-parco-delle-piscine/ataglance.html

Under no circumstances stay at this one:

www.eurocamp.co.uk/campsites/vendee/vn011-le-clarys-plage/ataglance.html

Worst experience ever and insisted on being moved to another site.

goodbyeeee · 01/01/2019 09:25

La Garangeoire in the Vendee is lovely as is Bel. We booked direct with both though.

Meesh77 · 01/01/2019 10:29

We went to duirnells with them and wouldn’t use them again based on the state of the cabins

CharltonLido73 · 01/01/2019 10:52

La Garangeoire in the Vendee is lovely

We were once staying at a different site and visited friends staying at La Garangeoire. I remember being impressed.

troubleswillbeoutofsight · 01/01/2019 10:55

used them in France for years. We always had a great time. A lovely site was in St Jean de Mont and the other we went to regularly was in Frejus in the south. I drove alone with the children plus a friend for them each. The St jean site was better for your age children and the Frejus site for older teens

themartinipolice · 01/01/2019 11:02

Another vote here for La Garangeoire and also Le Pin Parasol nearby - cleanest site I've ever been on. Both great facilities and there is a lot to do in the area, for all ages.

I tend to find a campsite using the eurocamp website, as it's easy to filter for whatever facilities/amenities you want, then book direct as it tends to be cheaper.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.