Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU about the man on the bus?

HelenaWay · 12/05/2017 23:40

He said I don't think you should sit there. I said said excuse me what are you on about? He said the bags are massive and take up the fly space.

Well that was it. I was so angry, it wasn't a big amount. How dare he say that to me. I shouted at him that he had really offended me and it backed off and sat in the flight seat.

Now I'm thinking about it I don't know AIBU?

[Message from MNHQ - please note, this thread was started in 2017]*

OP's posts:
Please
or

2Gen · 03/12/2021 18:35

@MsFogi

OP - I suspect your "Fly Space" is this a bit like the time (I still vividly remember) when I was about three years old when someone couldn't understand when I was asking for "Noddy Sugar" and the person couldn't understand what I wanted. It was actually Demerara sugar I was after but there was a picture of Noddy on the jar at home (no idea why!) so I had always assumed it was called Noddy sugar and everyone else would know that too (and I had never heard the words Demerara or brown sugar so had no other way of describing what I was after).
It was as though we were speaking different languages - I assumed she was an idiot for not understanding me and it was hugely annoying/frustrating.

Noddy sugar will be setting me off into fits of giggles all night now, lololol!
Please
or

2Gen · 03/12/2021 18:29

I took buses for 30 years and never heard of that term and how the feck could another adult fit in between the window and a seated adult passenger? Was he sitting on your lap?
Anyway, just because you think someone's merely IMPLYING you're fat as opposed to being blatantly rude, doesn't mean you have right to roar and bawl at them, so YABU!

Please
or

caketiger · 03/12/2021 18:20

I genuinely have never heard of a fly space or seat when connected to a bus.. Had anyone else?

Please
or

ChardonnaysPetDragon · 03/12/2021 18:19

When I shouted he went to the flight seat and then I feel bad about it all night

Now that makes perfect sense. I would have gone to the flight seat myself in this situation.

Please
or

GucciBear · 03/12/2021 18:17

Flight seat? Had you boarded a plane by mistake|??

Please
or

REP22 · 03/12/2021 17:58

@KickAssAngel

This thread has been resurrected 3 times - it's a triple zombie.

Maybe it was the Knight Bus... Wink
Please
or

REP22 · 03/12/2021 17:56

Is a fly seat one that you have to give up if a disabled fly gets on the bus, strapped into a tiny mobility-hang-glider?

I'm always happy to give up my seat on the bus or train for anyone who needs it more than me.

Please
or

KickAssAngel · 03/12/2021 17:56

This thread has been resurrected 3 times - it's a triple zombie.

Please
or

viques · 03/12/2021 17:49

CRAZY ZOMBIE!

Please
or

viques · 03/12/2021 17:48

@HelenaWay

He was saying I was fat that's what I thought. He soon say off away when I was upset. I didn't even have much bags just Pringles and rice and that's about it. He obviously took offence.

“He soon say off when I upset”

You mean when you shouted at him?

I would have backed off too. You need to wear a big flashing badge warning people you are likely to have a go at them.
Please
or

LalalalalalaLand123 · 03/12/2021 17:39

I'm actually eating Pringles right now. SPOOKY.

Please
or

Esspee · 03/12/2021 17:38

Missed this first time around, I am so glad it has been resurrected.
Priceless!

Please
or

LalalalalalaLand123 · 03/12/2021 17:38

Was the man Elon Musk, and the bus was a rocket, and you were flying whilst sitting in a flight seat?

Please
or

CaMePlaitPas · 03/12/2021 17:27

Finally, Pringles are recognised as essentials.

Please
or

EyesAsGreenAsAFreshPickledToad · 03/12/2021 17:19

What is wrong with you lot? It’s not that difficult to work out what op means. It was clearly a flying bus.

Please
or

Silvershroud · 03/12/2021 17:14

@TheSecondOfHerName

I know what a bus is if that helps. Likewise Pringles. And rice.

I only managed to get this far before I starting shaking! Comedy gold!
Please
or

PearlclutchersInc · 03/12/2021 17:10

Having not read all 496 messages, I'm assuming that the OP is some bonkers American as us civilised Brits get the bus, we dont ride it

[dons hard hat, flak jacket and ducks, then avoids MN until the dust has settled]

Please
or

AliceA2021 · 03/12/2021 17:05

@IncompleteSenten

I don't care that it's a zombie.
I missed the total batcrap crazy bollocks the first time round and I've enjoyed it. 😁

Snap. Is the @HelenaWay still shouting at people who don't want her bags in the fly space?
Please
or

AliceA2021 · 03/12/2021 17:04

Is the fly space the bit you fly into went the driver brakes suddenly? If so, I'd rather there weren't any bags there unless they were pillow soft.

Please
or

IncompleteSenten · 03/12/2021 16:56

I don't care that it's a zombie.
I missed the total batcrap crazy bollocks the first time round and I've enjoyed it. 😁

Please
or

Disfordarkchocolate · 03/12/2021 16:56

I don't think it's pringles and rice you've been eating. Definitely edible though.

Please
or

Newmumatlast · 03/12/2021 16:48

@HelenaWay

these aren't common terms, no one knows where you mean!

Well actually they are common terms. The fly space is clearly the space between the Window and passenger. Everyone who rides a bus knows that.

They really don't.
Please
or

Ellen888 · 03/12/2021 16:43

We call them either 'aisle seats' or 'window seats'. I don't know a name for the seats that face each other....

Please
or

MarieIVanArkleStinks · 03/12/2021 16:42

@Bubblesagain

Doesn't EVERYONE know that sour cream and onion are the only flavour worth bothering with?

Hmm you mean salt and vinegar right? Go sit in the flight seat you sour cream loving weirdo Wink

This whole thread is absolute gold, but this post wins the thread. I'm honking like a bilious goose.
Please
or

VickyEadieofThigh · 03/12/2021 16:39

@Highalert

I've been catching the bus for 50 odd years and have never heard of a fly space or a flight seat.

I'm 63. Never heard of these terms.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.