Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Where does my 3 year old have his flu jab?

8 replies

30hourschildcare · 23/09/2022 19:16

I had a text to say my 3 year old is due his pre school flu jab (Not Covid) and to call the GP to book it. I called GP who said they are not seeing children and to call 119.

I called 119 who seemed to be only covid related.

I called the school who said they do it for reception and above but not nursery.

So where do i go? I'm really confused.

OP posts:
Please
or

BakewellGin1 · 24/09/2022 08:25

Ours is GP surgery however they do not yet have supplies in or clinics open for booking. I said I will call back end of the month

Please
or

RagzRebooted · 23/09/2022 19:25

It is the GP, the receptionist is probably so used to getting calls for covid jabs that they gave you the wrong info. They are wrong.
It's nasal flu spray for 3 year olds (unless they can't have a live vaccine, then it's a jab) and your GP surgery is definitely the right place.

Please
or

30hourschildcare · 23/09/2022 19:22

@Beees yes that is the exact same message I had.

I will try them again on monday.

I am sure I said vaccination, but maybe I said jab 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks all

OP posts:
Please
or

Onceinnever · 23/09/2022 19:19

My GP said it would probably be November. Have been getting emails and texts from the NHS telling me to book it though. Last year I stood in a two hour queue for it, I hope it's better organised this year!

Please
or

Beees · 23/09/2022 19:19

The Gp practice.

I had a message regarding the same thing earlier this week and it specifically says to contact the surgery. I've copy and pasted it below.

As your child is of pre-school age they are eligible for a free NHS flu vaccination. This can protect them from getting seriously ill from flu. Please book an appointment with their GP practice. For more information visit
www.nhs.uk/child-flu

Please
or

Thegirlhasnamechanged · 23/09/2022 19:18

Our GP have a preschool clinic on (tomorrow). It is a nasal spray not a jab so maybe the receptionist misunderstood?

Please
or
Please
or

Violettaa · 23/09/2022 19:17

I called my GP today, who said they are seeing preschoolers but not till mid October. Maybe it’s the same with yours?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?