Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

I feel judged for being divorced..

9 replies

HappyPeach · 10/09/2022 19:44

I seem to live in an area where hardly anyone ever gets divorced. I've had comments about being a single mum even though my dc are grown. I don't have a new partner so I can't hide in the snugness of having someone there for me. I didn't want to get divorced, I was put in a situation where I had no choice. My ex was gay and he wasn't out. So our mutual friends think I'm a bitch for leaving him. I don't think he'll ever have a new partner because his culture forbids homosexuality. I know a few people in really shite relationships too but they don't yet have the balls to leave. I don't know why I'm posting really. I'm just fed up. It took super human strength to get through divorce as I'm sure many of you know.

OP's posts:
Please
or

SallyAnn32 · 23/09/2022 19:08

Sanmiguelbeard · 10/09/2022 19:51

Ah OP I had similar with my school mum friends. 2 years in and they have realised I’m not going to steal their husbands and are back inviting me to stuff …

This what happened with me! Talk about kicking someone when they're down

Please
or

Cupofteaonesugar · 10/09/2022 21:31

I know what you mean. I was with my ex for almost ten yet but our marriage was very short.
I feel very judged... like a failure.
I'm now a single mum, I have to claim a UC top up on my wage and I'm living with my parents. I feel so inadequate to everyone else around me :(

Please
or

Flopisfatteningbingforchristmas · 10/09/2022 20:56

Feel judged or are being judged?

Please
or

Beezknees · 10/09/2022 20:55

Hi OP, I've never been married but I was pregnant at 17 and had a baby at 18 and have been a single parent for most of DC's life so I know what it's like to be judged. Nobody has a perfect life and nobody has the right to judge you.

Please
or

Vallmo47 · 10/09/2022 20:32

That’s disgusting behaviour towards you OP and you don’t want such losers in your life anyway. Marriage and relationships in general sometimes end, that’s life.

Please
or

Sanmiguelbeard · 10/09/2022 19:51

Ah OP I had similar with my school mum friends. 2 years in and they have realised I’m not going to steal their husbands and are back inviting me to stuff …

Please
or

MaryJoLisa · 10/09/2022 19:49

I don't know if I have been, it isn't something I have noticed or would care about, but I'm sorry you have and feel down about it.

Please
or

SallyAnn32 · 10/09/2022 19:48

I completely get where you're coming from

Please
or

Hopeandlove · 10/09/2022 19:46

I was and then in my sons WA group now 4 of the 10 are divorced just got told about one today

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?