My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Are £50 heated gloves worth the money?

34 replies

JamesMiddletonsMarshmallows · 10/01/2021 10:56

I want to get heated gloves, the prices massively vary but seen a good pair online for £50. Is it worth it? I'm sick of having cold hands!

OP posts:
00100001 · 10/01/2021 13:06

@chairthistle

No. More money than sense springs to mind.

Why?

If you suffered from arthritis/poor circulation/raynauds or a combination and your hands actually hurt when they're cold.

Why would spending £50 on something to relieve this not make sense?
JamesMiddletonsMarshmallows · 10/01/2021 13:06

@Setal

OP surely if you live in England it’s not cold enough for that?!

They sound fun though so I would probably buy them.

My hands are inexplicably cold all the time when outdoors in winter! I bought £30 berghaus gloves last year with the assurance they were excellent but sadly they're just one in a long line of gloves that don't keep my hands warm
OP posts:
movingonup20 · 10/01/2021 13:08

Don't know but let me know, my circulation is terrible these days, do they do heated socks because my feet are worse than my hands, dd has the same problem

JamesMiddletonsMarshmallows · 10/01/2021 13:08

I suffer from slight Reynauds on my fingers, always the same ones, and my toes too. But I've invested in extra warm socks and lines boot to solve the toe problem

OP posts:
WhatWouldYouDoWhatWouldJesusDo · 10/01/2021 13:08

I got my brother in law who has Raynaud's a pair last Christmas. They were £15 in Debenhams and I think I got them half price in the sale.......he loves them. They're rechargeable and he takes a pocket charger out with him as back up. We're in Cumbria so very cold here at the mo. He's just bought a second pair as back up just in case.

00100001 · 10/01/2021 13:09

OP, get the gloves.
Ignore the "more money than sense/it's not that cold".

I don't even have health issues and love my heated gloves Grin

itakephotos · 10/01/2021 13:11

I always get cold little fingers no matter what. Invested in some Montane gloves last year which are great but still not perfect. I was given some liners designed for people with Raynauds and they have made a big difference. You just have to make sure your hands are already warm when you put them on.

Tier10 · 10/01/2021 13:11

Do you have a link for the £50 gloves?
I also suffer from Reynauds, it’s not fun. Even now in my warm house my finger tips are freezing. Sometimes I can’t open plastic bin bags because my hands are so cold.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.