My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Talk to me about hand held vacuums

15 replies

JanewaysBun · 06/04/2020 13:12

So I have my big miele for doing a proper clean but want a small one for hoovering up around the DC that I can have to hand.

It needs to be very small and have excellent suction. I would rather spend £50 but can stretch to 100 if the "baby" mini shark is good. I won't really use it enough I think to warrant buying a mini Dyson but if it's amazing and on offer i could do.

Thanks all!

OP posts:
Goostacean · 06/04/2020 13:15

No recommendation yet but I just bought one! Can’t remember the brand, it’s £32.99 from Argos and will arrive later this week. I got fed up with the space under the kitchen table being absolutely filthy thanks to DS 2y.

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter · 06/04/2020 13:15

I have the mini shark and don’t rate it. Sorry. Mine came as part of an offer with my big shark cordless which I hate as well. I much prefer the Miele cat and dog despite it being corded and using bags.

The swan ones are supposed to be good. And they are cheap you could probably get a full size one for nearly £100 and use it as a handheld or cordless.

MonkeyToesOfDoom · 06/04/2020 13:20

I had a Black And Decker with a flexihose. At first I thought it was great and useful. Then the novelty wore off and it sat there literally gathering dust. The battery went, B&D wouldn't replace it, I binned it.
Now I just use a dustpan and brush on hard surface and for the part of carpet I find gets crumbs on... thanks DD... I just keep an upright plugged in in the corner with the hose attached, flick switch, pull hose, hoover crumbs, put back.

Mistletoeandgrime · 06/04/2020 13:25

I've got a mini shark and I think it's great. It does need emptying quite frequently but it picks up everything and has a couple of little tools to get down the side of sofas etc and I think it's good for giving the car a quick hoover out.

JanewaysBun · 06/04/2020 13:32

Thanks guys. Food for thought...
I have just been using the dustpan and brush up til now so that's still am option I was just wondering if a small one might be easier.

Goostacean let me know how your one turns out, I have a similarly messy 2yo also haha x

OP posts:
Goostacean · 06/04/2020 13:42

Will do! Am super excited. Just looked it up, it’s a Black + Decker NVB215W Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum Cleaner. 10h charge for 8 mins of run time, which should last us 4 days I reckon? It’s not a big table...!

Soontobe60 · 06/04/2020 13:45

We have a dyson cordless and I absolutely love it! It's great for under the table as you don't need to bend down and I have a dodgy knee! My kitchen diner is tiled and it's better than my old corded vacuum at getting into corners etc. It's definitely worth the price.

PawPawNoodle · 06/04/2020 13:45

I like my mini shark too, it's better than our actual hoover.

HoldMyLobster · 06/04/2020 14:00

I love the Dyson V7 Trigger. It’s worth the money.

Jessikka · 06/04/2020 14:02

I bought the Vax handheld and I absolutely adore it.

Gets pet hair up perfectly so I imagine child's mess will be no problem.
Easy to charge and open the compartment to empty too.

Daphine2004 · 06/04/2020 14:05

I really rate the mini handheld shark. Last for about 10 mins and useful today just pick up and hoover as required. My mum bought one after I raved about it and she thinks it’s rubbish!

mynameiswah · 06/04/2020 14:08

I have a Dyson V6, you can take the long tube off and use it just as a hand held.

hiredandsqueak · 06/04/2020 14:09

I have the Gtech multi here Can't fault it at all, lightweight and powerful.

JanewaysBun · 06/04/2020 15:58

Thank you!
The vax handheld does look good, as does the Dyson trigger...

OP posts:
chickedeee · 06/04/2020 16:12

Vax gator- excellent Wink

Talk to me about hand held vacuums
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.