Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Maldives with a child?

5 replies

amaryl · 31/12/2019 11:35

Always thought of Maldives as romantic honeymoon type place.
I really want to go, but it would be with my 12 yr old son. Would he be really bored? Is there anywhere with anything to do for him?

OP posts:
Please
or

thebabessavedme · 31/12/2019 13:18

water sports, scuba lessons, snorkling, seriously, if your ds is not that into swimming and looking at wildlife I think he would not find a great deal to do - I know this sounds seriously spoilt but quite frankly I was bored to tears after a fortnight there, its very beautiful, the wildlife is is wonderful, but honestly, it gets tedious. Blush if I ever went again it would only be for week and I certainly would not take kids.

Please
or

SerenavanderWoodson · 31/12/2019 13:27

There are plenty of larger islands which cater for families - it’s an amazing holiday for honeymooners and as a family holiday (we visited for both). Definitely don’t go to a smaller more romantic island.

Please
or

amaryl · 31/12/2019 14:39

He’d love the water stuff and probably wildlife
Do you know which island/resort would be good?

OP posts:
Please
or

BarbedBloom · 31/12/2019 14:54

I was also really bored as injured my leg first day and wasn't allowed to swim. Honestly, there wasn't a huge amount to do and let's just say, lying around the pool you could tell some people were on honeymoon...I also didn't see any other children on the island or at the airport.

Please
or

BarbedBloom · 31/12/2019 14:55

Ah, I should have said we went to a smaller island. Maybe a bigger one would be different

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?