My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Small luxuries that are *just* for you?

7 replies

AllGoodDogs · 11/08/2019 20:31

We don't have a lot of disposable income here, but I've recently bought myself a 10 inch lenovo tablet so that when the kids are hogging the TV or just generally being a PITA, I can hide in the bedroom with a cuppa and watch a film by myself (we don't have a TV in the bedroom), or lay in the bath and watch Netflix etc. Neither DS may pinch in when their kindle fires have ran out of battery. It wasn't a fortune, its not an iPad, but it's money spent just on me, and that doesn't happen often!

If DH is away (as he often is) I've also discovered a lovely FB page who deliver pick n mix to your door Blush

What do you spend money on that is a treat just for you?

OP posts:
mnahmnah · 11/08/2019 20:35

Candy Kittens sweets. Expensive but vegetarian and yummy flavours. The children and husband are not allowed near them!

bushes · 11/08/2019 20:50

My Neal's Yard bubble bath. I'm soaking in it as I type this Grin It is utterly wonderful stuff.

EmpressJewel · 11/08/2019 20:51

Chocolate orange - I know they aren’t popular on here, but I like them (but I only like them when they are £1, when they are £2.50, they can f*ck off).

Bath bombs - I like lush bath bombs, but won’t get in the bath until DD6 is asleep as she will want to steal my bath (and get bored after 3 minutes).

shivbo2014 · 11/08/2019 20:53

Asda extra special clotted cream fudge is amazing. No one else is allowed it!

MrsGrannyWeatherwax · 11/08/2019 20:55

I’ve got a lovely expensive showergel that’s hidden from everyone but me

Doubleraspberry · 11/08/2019 20:59

I get two beauty subscription boxes each month. It adds up to about £20 a month and I get lots of little things. I do worry about the environmental impact of it. But I went through a long period of neglecting myself and these help me try out new things and feel a bit more my old self.

Rainbowknickers · 11/08/2019 21:08

Thornton’s toffee-chocolate or Brazil nut
Anything from lush
Nail polish (but dsd swipes mine)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.