Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Expensive main present. Any other gifts?

Ohdoleavemealone · 08/12/2021 12:45

DS is getting the only thing he has asked for for 2 years. It cost £250.
He will be ecstatic and I don't he will bother about much else.

I however feel bad because he will literally have one box in the middle of the room! He is only 9. Would you buy him a couple bits knowing it won't even be acknowledged or just get the one and hope his initial thoughts at a single present diminishes when he sees what it is?

OP's posts:
Please
or

inkworks273 · 08/12/2021 15:32

Yeah if you can afford to I'd get him some chocolate, a book, a game etc.

Please
or

Tinkywinkydinkydoo · 08/12/2021 15:41

Is the item a console? As you could get him a few cheap accessories to go with it and wrap them up separately if so.

Please
or

greenlynx · 08/12/2021 15:46

I would do a few things like stationery, chocolates, soft toy or stress ball, a book.

Please
or

Noeuf · 08/12/2021 16:01

No - we always do a stocking and then a main present. I’m very comfortable giving someone something they want and not adding frilly bits to it.

Please
or

Anon0707 · 08/12/2021 16:04

Exactly the same here. My 11 year old ds has asked for 2 presents costing £300.
I’ve bought him some sweets, chocolates, socks etc for his stocking and then a lynx set and phone case. I’ve maybe spent an extra £11-£15 on these bits but looks so much more than just 2 boxes under the tree
Last year the boys had the new Xbox each so again I just bought them a backpack each, stuff for their stockings and a jumper. Got the backpack and jumpers from foot asylum in the Black Friday sale, again didn’t spend a huge amount extra but looked so much more. Honestly speaking though they weren’t bothered they just wanted their xbox lol

Please
or

Jumpingintochristmas · 08/12/2021 16:07

I would add pyjamas, slippers, a book and perhaps a family board game.

Please
or

muddypuddles11 · 08/12/2021 16:19

I got DS a switch and 2 games which cost me a lot of money but it doesn’t look much wrapped up. His little brother has a lot more to unwrap as his presents didn’t cost me as much so I’ve just bought a few other things for him. I’ve got him a board game, a ball and a crayola paint station as he loves to draw and paint

Please
or

Nearlytheretrees · 08/12/2021 16:21

Ds has an expensive main gift. He then has a couple things of chocolate, a bath bomb nd some pj's so he's got a couple of things to open

Please
or

CrimbleCrumble1 · 08/12/2021 18:00

A book and some sweets/chocolate.

Please
or

leccybill · 10/12/2021 22:48

DD got a puppy last year that cost £2500 🙈 so she just had about 10 smaller things to open which were mainly books and stuff from Home Bargains. She was obviously fine with this because puppy.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.