Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Where are you from and what does Santa bring?

PinkyU · 04/12/2021 18:23

We live in Scotland and Santa brings everything that arrives on Christmas Day, family/friends who bring gifts before or after are from them. I don’t know another Scottish person who does it differently.

I see often on here that Santa only brings one gift, stocking gifts or few but not everything etc.

I wonder if it’s a cultural thing within the UK (or wider)?

So where are you and what does the big man in the red suit bring?

OP's posts:
Please
or

anormalperson · 04/12/2021 18:49

NI - Santa brings everything here

Please
or

Lineeyes1986 · 04/12/2021 18:48

South east - Santa brings loads of presents in a sack and little presents in stocking. One “main”‘present from parents and then other bits from aunties uncles etc

Please
or

waterlego · 04/12/2021 18:47

*in

Please
or

wendz86 · 04/12/2021 18:47

South of England . Santa brings main present and stocking and rest come from parents , rest of family etc .

Please
or

waterlego · 04/12/2021 18:47

I’m on the South East. We call him Father Christmas in my family (though DD thought he was ‘Farmer Christmas’ when she was little).

He brings the stocking presents and then one or two of the presents under the tree. All the others are from us or ILs etc.

Please
or

loveablequalities · 04/12/2021 18:46

Scotland

As a child, Santa brought us everything except from aunts and uncles etc.

With my kids we give them their big present but Santa brings a (substantial) sack of things. I don't know how other families do it. I've never asked.

Please
or

TeenMinusTests · 04/12/2021 18:45

South East. Father Christmas fills stockings only.
Anything else gets far too complicated.

Please
or

ncsmummy · 04/12/2021 18:43

I’m from Norfolk. I did the same with my kids that my parents did with me. Santa gave us stockings and everything else was from whoever bought it although by magic Santa still delivered those as we all told him what to make

Please
or

KurtWildesChristmasNamechange · 04/12/2021 18:38

Yorkshire.. Father Christmas fills the stockings and brings smaller things. The rest are from family.

Please
or

PoshWatchShitShoes · 04/12/2021 18:32

I grew up in Wales and Father Christmas brought everything, except presents from other family members.

We're closer to London now and FC brings a sack of presents (which fills up easily as they're young and presents are bulkier) and a stocking. DH and I buy everything else, as well as the more expensive main gift. Primarily because there's no other way to explain to my DC why some of their friends don't get as much.

Please
or

InTheLibrary · 04/12/2021 18:27

South of England. Santa brings a sack/stocking of small gifts. Gifts under the tree are from parents/family/friends and are the ‘main’ presents.

Please
or

heyyellowyellow · 04/12/2021 18:27

I’m in Scotland too - the big man brought the lot.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.