Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

DD’s Christmas is a bit dull so far, help!!

Loveatthe5anddime · 04/12/2021 12:42

Not only am I so disorganised this year I don’t seems to have lost my usual excitement and or any inspiration for my DC’s Christmas particularly my youngest DD10.

It’s such a funny age and while there are things she has asked for and is getting (mostly for pony) they are all very practical and dare I say it a bit dull.

At 10 I’d still like her to have a bit of sparkle, fun, surprises so I’m looking for some more ideas.

We don’t need any tech/snuggly blankets/bed room lights etc, she likes a bath bomb and will have one in her stocking but other than that not into smellies.

To give you an idea of the kind of things I’m look at I’d seen a wicker basket which has Midnight feast printed on the front and was going to fill it with some of her favourite things but unfortunately it’s out of stock!! Another thing was an old fashioned sweet shop set with glass jars etc I have also looked at a few of the bigger Maileg sets as she still collects them but then realised I’d need to sell a liver to fund it

So basically it’s magical part that Santa would bring that I’m trying to fill.

Does anyone have any ideas? I’d love to hear what everyone else’s 10 year old DD’s are getting!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Notbornwithit · 04/12/2021 22:01

I’ve had a notice board made on Etsy for my 8 year old and I’ve printed out some pics of her and her friends

Please
or

MostlyGuesswork · 04/12/2021 23:28

Could you make her a treasure hunt with rhyming Christmassy clues leading to the hamper?

Please
or

ElfontheShelfisLookingatYou · 05/12/2021 07:36

@Lipsandlashes

Can you say what the k boxes are? I googled and it seemed like Japanese coking set?

Please
or

SavoyCabbage · 05/12/2021 07:44

Is the hamper because she likes Enid Blyton? If so I once did my dd an 'adventure backpack' for her birthday which she absolutely loved.
Compass
Notebook
Map
Bird sounds whistle for signals
Torch
Red and yellow bandanas for signals
Chalk
Stick on moustache for disguise

Please
or

thesunwillout · 05/12/2021 07:57

I was pony mad, very lucky to have a pony.
I still have my original favourite pony fiction book. A Stable For Jill by Ruby Ferguson.

I was looking at them on eBay last night.

Has she ever read it, the Jill books are so great for the hay filled pony world. Maybe pop one in the basket?
X

Please
or

Howareyouflower · 05/12/2021 09:00

The midnight feast idea? Buy a basket, fill it yourself, and tie a big label on it with "Midnight Feast" written on it!

Please
or

Lipsandlashes · 05/12/2021 14:28

[quote ElfontheShelfisLookingatYou]@Lipsandlashes

Can you say what the k boxes are? I googled and it seemed like Japanese coking set?[/quote]
Of course. Not exactly cooking but making up ‘sweets’ with powders and water (and occasionally using the microwave). Honestly - I dread to think what’s in them Grin but the girls love them and it’s such good fun. Have a look on YouTube, they have loads of tutorials and what the different sets are. I buy them from Samoorai snacks

Please
or

twocandlelady · 06/12/2021 00:07

Anyone who has bought the Wreck This Journal - does it matter which one I buy? Is it dated like a diary? Should I go for the girly ones?

OP your idea sounds amazing I would have absolutely loved that at her age. Midnight feasts were just the best things ever!!!

Please
or

UniBallEye · 06/12/2021 10:53

I really love the idea of the midnight feast hamper, very magical and not something she'll see in every toy shop etc.

I also love the idea of filling it with magical, unusual things that she might not see everyday. Sugar mice are a great call.

One year my dd was really into willie wonka and we managed to find some wonka bars with golden tickets online for her stocking.

I'd look in the confection section of the really posh shops - waitrose, harrods etc to see if you can find some unusual treats. It will definitely keep the magic alive!

Personalise things too - nutella jar with her name, dairy milk did them one year too.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.