Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Worst secret santa gift you've received?

buddhasbelly · 02/12/2021 11:02

Mine was gin infused chocolates, when the whole office knows I'm a recovering alcoholic.

Please tell me your worst secret santa gifts you've received?

My office pal got the chocolates 😂

OP's posts:
Please
or

uggmum · 02/12/2021 15:02

The agreement in our team was to spend £5 on a nice gift and then buy a joke gift from the pound shop for £1.

My gifts were all from the pound shop and were passive aggressive at best

A blow up crown and a rude mug with the word 'prick' on it. And 4 other crap things.

Everyone else got a nice £5 present.
I was not happy but laughed it off at the time.

Please
or

WhoppingBigBackside · 02/12/2021 15:12

Not me as I never do them but a friend bought the secret santa something highly suitable as a gift but over the budget and got a grooming set by someone.

Friend's gift embarrassed the recipient as it was too extravagant
Friend was disappointed with the grooming set

Please
or

ginslinger · 02/12/2021 15:19

I got a packet of elastoplasts - when I feel charitable, I like to think it was a mistake

Please
or

Cattenberg · 02/12/2021 15:38

I have a friend who writes bad novels and self-publishes them. I bought a few of them to make her happy. I’ve still got them, but if I ever have to buy a present for someone I can’t stand, guess what they’ll be getting…

Please
or

RedRobin100 · 02/12/2021 15:50

A sex positions calendar. My boss had bought it. Thankfully I wasn’t at the party when they exchanged and opened them all.

Please
or

LibbyL92 · 02/12/2021 16:03

I got a chest of drawer ‘drawer knob’

Don’t get me wrong it was a nice ‘knob’ Blush

But it was just one… not even a pair.. just one. And I didn’t have a chest of drawers.

Maybe the person who got me it thought I was a knob.. I still laugh about it now though.

Please
or

Getoutofbed25 · 02/12/2021 16:07

I got hand sanitizer and paper bloody masks last year. I was annoyed. I opted out this year, I’m going to spend a tenner on something I’ll love, rather than risk that rubbish

Please
or

Groovee · 02/12/2021 16:09

A box of batsmati rice. Everyone else had lovely gifts.

Please
or

OliveHenry · 02/12/2021 16:13

I was given a game where you put a velcro hat on (a bit like a swimming cap) and then people thrown sponge balls at it/you to try to make them stick.

Strangely I never played it!

Please
or

Poppop4 · 02/12/2021 16:18

A hairbrush with hair in it 🤮

Please
or

AuntMasha · 02/12/2021 16:23

A book entitled ‘The Crone’. It was meant in a bad way even though I was only young at the time. The woman behind it was a nasty piece of work and a bully.

The book itself turned out to be quite interesting!

Please
or

InvisibleDragon · 02/12/2021 16:36

Luckily not me, but I saw soneo unwrap one of those fluorescent yellow Borat mankinis once. Everyone else got thoughtful, pleasant presents and there was a hideously awkward silence when the paper came off.

Please
or

Snuggledupforwinter · 02/12/2021 16:37

Not for me or from me (promise!) but a guy in our office received hair removal cream and a lime green mankini. He's very overweight and bald and really wasn't happy Confused

Please
or

Squills · 02/12/2021 16:37

When I was mid-30's I received a god-awful headscarf of the old lady variety.

The guy who gave it to me lived with his elderly mother, so I was in no doubt of it's origins!

Please
or

GeorgiaGirl52 · 02/12/2021 16:38

When I was 15, a very wealthy, childless, aunt gave me a silk tassel. Just one. I asked her what it was for. She said "you tie it to the end of the pull cord on your ceiling fan so you can reach it more easily." ---
We did not have ceiling fans in our house.
The following year I got one, silk covered, padded coat hanger. At least I did have a coat so it was useful!

Please
or

therebeccariots · 02/12/2021 16:39

A pen holder in the shape of a wheelie bin......

Please
or

Coffeetree · 02/12/2021 16:51

God the sexual-harassment gifts are awful!

Not Secret Santa, but in our office we usually do birthday lunches. On mine I found out that the organiser had arranged a surprise party for our cleaning lady! Whose birthday it wasn't.

So I got called into the break room and there was the shocked cleaning lady being showered with gifts and a cake with her name. I got a slice and a cutting board.

She is lovely to be fair, and was definitely surprised.

I think the organiser was mad at me about something.

Please
or

buddhasbelly · 02/12/2021 16:53

These have made me both laugh and Shock in equal measure

It's weird, we can spend c40 hours a week with people that have no idea or don't care that penis chocolates wouldn't be utterly hilarious for you.

OP's posts:
Please
or

230pm · 02/12/2021 16:53

A pen (a nice one) but when everyone else is opening extravagant gifts and you get a pen, it’s embarrassing!

Please
or

TheDaydreamBelievers · 02/12/2021 18:13

On a £10 secret santa a male colleague bought me lots of diarrhoea medication and a bumper pack of loo roll. He thought it was hilarious and openly said he would have bought it for whoever he got. I had tried quite hard with my gift (which the recipient really liked) and everyone else got really nice things (either v thoughtful, or nice posh chocolates etc - my best work friend got Hotel Chocolat!).

Please
or

Bin85 · 02/12/2021 18:21

It was banned at our work after

1. someone who suffered from flatulence was given Windies and 2)someone got given plastic willies and these were thrown across the table and one landed in a young girl's Christmas dinner.
    Alcohol also got banned .
Please
or

SarahBellam · 02/12/2021 18:25

I got a Magic 8 ball. My Secret Santa turned out to be my boss who then went on to make me redundant on my first day back at work after Christmas.

Please
or

Bunnyfuller · 02/12/2021 18:27

Sachet of shower gel and a scrubby thing - free off the front of a magazine. Watched the young lady who had bought it piss herself laughing with her friends when I opened it. I’d bought a bottle of wine.

😑

Please
or

Bunnyfuller · 02/12/2021 18:28

@SarahBellam sorry to laugh:

Will I keep my job? Shakes magic 8 ball

No, I’m sacking you..

😂😂😂 I hope you moved to something better

Please
or

PinkLadyFriday · 02/12/2021 18:30

I got two large melons with rubber baby bottle teets sellotaped to them and a note saying to the girl with more front than Blackpool. I was 24 and a 34b I was mortified and wanted to cry.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.