Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Worst secret santa gift you've received?

buddhasbelly · 02/12/2021 11:02

Mine was gin infused chocolates, when the whole office knows I'm a recovering alcoholic.

Please tell me your worst secret santa gifts you've received?

My office pal got the chocolates ๐Ÿ˜‚

OP's posts:
Please
or

PopcornPeacock · 07/12/2021 14:01

Dunno about the worst, but one year I got a whip - a real one! Bit of a shock I can tell you!

Please
or

TheFairPrincess · 07/12/2021 15:08

In my first job (non office) someone got me a copy of the Kama Sutra. I was 17 and a virgin.

Apart from that, I have actually received very nice secret santas with a weird tendency to receive somewhat over the top gifts!

I will confess, one year I did forget about Secret Santa completely, I had not long had my first baby and was absolutely skint, and I had to frantically run out and get the cheapest thing I could find. It was a box of Thorntons The Snowman Chocolates and I didn't have time to get wrapping paper so I stuck colour paper from the office stationery cupboard around it Blush

I was absolutely mortified. I wanted to give the recipient my gift as well but I was a 22 year old woman and they were a middle aged man, so I don't think he would have been interested!

Eventually that office started to do a secret santa whereby everyone who entered listed 3 things that they liked, to point the giver in the right direction. I thought that was a really good idea.

Please
or

Beeinalily · 07/12/2021 17:21

I'd be happy with a scarf and a box of Matchmakers...Blush

Please
or

fromtheshires · 07/12/2021 20:11

Wow, theres some real horror stories on here....

One particularly memorable year springs to mind. One married woman whose husband worked with us got a vibrator from someone thinking it would be funny and the same year someone got a claw hammer. They were a bit 'creepy' if you follow and again the gift giver thought it was funny. I sat there perplexed and also mortified for all involved Hmm

Please
or

sofakingcool · 07/12/2021 22:35

@Beeinalily

I'd be happy with a scarf and a box of Matchmakers...Blush

Me too @Beeinalily BlushGrin
Please
or

SparklingLime · 22/12/2021 12:37

There mustโ€™ve some more horrors by now?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.