Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What do you want for Christmas ?

starrynight19 · 28/11/2021 20:15

Struggling for ideas what are you hoping for ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

mumtribes · 08/12/2021 06:53

I remember my mum used to say she never wanted for anything at Christmas, I really do feel the same. Just everyone together and the kids happy on Xmas morn is enough for me!

But the kids love watching us open present too....

I try and support small businesses wherever I can... here are some ideas

I would like some new soft socks,
A Himalayan mud face mask from body shop (I know body shop is not small but I do suffer with my skin and find this one great!)
A candle and lavender bath oil/saltset from In Bloom (www.inbloomandco.com/shop )
I did an online floristry course with them this year and have had my eye on their products !
I have a cricut machine so need some new attachments.
Some new wooden spoons for cooking 🤣

Please
or

BeaLola · 07/12/2021 20:13

pinkksugarmouse you have summed up how I feel - my 1st Christmas back in 2012 as a Mum to a 4 year old (was adopted earlierin year) - who cares what I get - he is the most prcious gift of all

Please
or

whowhatwhen · 07/12/2021 20:08

New ski boots

Please
or

pinkksugarmouse · 07/12/2021 19:42

@sleepyhoglet

My baby to arrive safely and for the conveyancing on the house to go well. I genuinely don't want any gifts this year, just to save money. Although, I have bought presents for my daughter and I hope she enjoys them

Good luck for a good birth experience and the arrival of your baby. 💕
Holding DD in my arms in early December (she was born on the 29th of November) my sister was asking what on Earth to get me for Christmas. My mum said “what could Emma ever get that would be even noticed considering the gift she already has?”
That comment has stayed with me for over 19 years. 💕
Please
or

pinkksugarmouse · 07/12/2021 19:35

I asked DH for some of my favourite perfume and I know he has bought it because he was so worried about getting the right one I may as well have ordered it myself, but he has also got me two other gifts that I don’t know.
We have a sleekster box each from hotel chocolat which was a sort of present to each other/ourselves. They will probably be opened on Christmas Eve.

DD(19) told me she has crocheted something for my DH (her step-dad) so I expect she has done similar for me. She has Aspergers which makes her incredibly disorganised so the fact she has managed to see this though is lovely.

Please
or

BeaMends · 07/12/2021 17:36

I wish I knew Grin

Please
or

Bellafrenum · 07/12/2021 17:34

The 3 Bs: books, bath oil and Baklava.

Please
or

colouringindoors · 06/12/2021 12:24

Thanks OP I'm really struggling to come up with ideas this year!

Wireless headphones (but not the bonkers £ apple ones)
Clinique Mascara
Hotel chocolat chocs
socks!!!

Please
or

CrapJumpersAndTea · 05/12/2021 21:29

I've asked for various Rituals stuff and some perfume. If I need anything I tend to just buy it myself. Ditto DH. He is after a Lambretta this year though which might be pushing it Hmm

Please
or

starrynight19 · 05/12/2021 16:21

Just caught up with this thread. It’s been very helpful.
@sleepyhoglet I hope you get both those things Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

FrenchyQ · 05/12/2021 16:11

I've asked for perfume and a nice pair of white gold earrings.I think DH has got me both 😀

Please
or

sleepyhoglet · 05/12/2021 16:06

My baby to arrive safely and for the conveyancing on the house to go well. I genuinely don't want any gifts this year, just to save money. Although, I have bought presents for my daughter and I hope she enjoys them

Please
or

beachblob · 05/12/2021 09:27

I always ask for socks and liqueur chocolates.
I would like a light up magnifying mirror.
I wanted new kitchen knives and DH said that they weren't a Christmas present and he wouldn't get them so I've bought them already and they are so sharp and lovely to use for making dinner (I love cooking). Mum is going to give me some money towards them as my present as it's an easy gift for her.

Please
or

desperatehousewife21 · 05/12/2021 09:00

@BarbaraofSeville

I make a list for myself, buy them, then give them to DH to wrap for Xmas

Can I ask why?

Why don't you just buy the things you want and then use them? What purpose does the waste of wrapping paper serve? DH hasn't done any thinking or shopping so it's not a gift 'from him'. You say he's got you some surprises, so you have presents from him.

Because I get what I want and I still like to unwrap them even though I know what they are.

I know quite a few people who do the same, it’s not that unusual
Please
or

TheDogsMother · 05/12/2021 08:44

We have mostly what we need so go for experiences. I have booked tickets to a classic car event for DH and will look for some other things.

I had an inspiration for me. Some money towards Airbnb online experiences. They are not expensive and I will really enjoy browsing and choosing. A couple that have caught my eye so far are an online tapas cookery lesson with someone in Barcelona and a guided spooky walk in Prague.

Please
or

StoopitAutocarrot · 05/12/2021 08:33

I could really do with a new computer but I suspect that's too much from DH.

Salty liquorice
choc covered coffee beans
A small CD player ( I teach dancing and have a massive big machine which can alter the speed, but i hate carting it up and down the stairs just to check on a couple of tracks)
Richard Osman's new book, and/or Chris Hadfield's
Bird house and/ or bug hotel for the garden
a new jigsaw

Please
or

ImJustMum · 05/12/2021 08:32

Ive asked for some boots, pjs, socks and a candle. I dont want/need anything else

Please
or

Thecomfortador · 05/12/2021 08:32

In dreamland... Someone to come and deep clean the house and clear out all the crap and old toys that we don't need anymore. (Shuts eyes, crosses fingers and prays to anyone who may be listening)

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 05/12/2021 08:30

I make a list for myself, buy them, then give them to DH to wrap for Xmas

Can I ask why?

Why don't you just buy the things you want and then use them? What purpose does the waste of wrapping paper serve? DH hasn't done any thinking or shopping so it's not a gift 'from him'. You say he's got you some surprises, so you have presents from him.

Please
or

desperatehousewife21 · 05/12/2021 08:27

I make a list for myself, buy them, then give them to DH to wrap for Xmas. On my list:

Harley Davidson boots (they’ve arrived and I had to check them to make sure they were right as £££)
A coffin ring from regal rose
A black slouchy jumper from little lies
Pjs from Next
A reusable personalised spooky tumbler, with lid and straw (it’s got my name on it and decorated with bats/ spiderwebs)
A skull choker necklace
Band T shirts
Nightmare before Christmas make up brushes
Born to be mild book (written by author of Very British Problems)

These are the gifts I know about, DH has also bought me a few surprises Smile am looking forward to Xmas this year!

Please
or

lockitdown · 05/12/2021 08:04

I have SO many things but I never get anything I want as DH is a crappy shopper. But strangely, apart from the usual girly list , this year I would love a set of fancy cake forks.

Please
or

Waterfallgirl · 05/12/2021 08:01

@Laufeythejust

I want an apple tag and holder for my keys- I am forever losing them in the house!

I did want a new bottle of a lovely perfume my gran bought me last year- I’ve worn it all year and loved it but when I googled it it turns out I’ve been wearing aftershave all year! I’m still tempted to get another bottle though it is very nice!

@Laufeythejust
Can you tell me the name of the perfume/ aftershave?

I’m struggling to find a fragrance I like, I might give it a try!

Great thread @starrynight19 - I love these ones running up to Christmas.

On my list I have

Faux leather biker
Pyjamas
Perfume ( see above 😀)
Mouse mat
Slippers

I bet I don’t get any of these. It’s not that my family don’t care ( I hope) but all 3 of them just don’t bother Christmas shopping until it’s too late and I end up with something I didn’t ask for.
Please
or

NextChristmas · 05/12/2021 07:42

I only get gifts from my dh and this year I've asked for a special ring and a pair of hush slippers. He'll get me a book too that I will love but never read!

Please
or

Antsgomarching · 05/12/2021 07:35

Eyelash growth serum and a lie in, I really like the idea of cashmere socks.

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 05/12/2021 06:51

@Heruka

Nothing - so delighted when I can get people to agree to not buy for me, so I don’t need to think of something for them, or be burdened by thinking of something they can buy me!!

That's a great present, so freeing. Then you can just buy your own things when you want them, without having to tie them in with an occasion.

Shame people don't listen when people ask for things like a lie in or a day off, so they don't get the one thing they do want, because other people disagree that it's a real present.

But if you're a tired mother with too much on your plate, a whole day to just please yourself and not think of anyone else is probably the best present you could wish for, especially if it involves something like a meal or tea and cake out and an activity of your choice.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.