Win a £200 voucher and celebrate Sky Broadband Buddy winning Mumsnet Rated

Girl using laptop

Let’s face it, the internet is an integral part of day-to-day family life. While there are many positives, as parents, we need to know what our children are consuming online. With most kids being far more internet-savvy than we are, Sky Broadband has created a new app to help us take back control - with 84% Mumsnet users saying they would recommend it*

We’re also offering one lucky Mumsnet user the chance to win a £200 voucher to celebrate Sky Broadband Buddy winning Mumsnet Rated. For a chance to scoop up this prize, scroll down.

What is Sky Broadband Buddy?

Sky Broadband Buddy offers a host of features including time limits, age controls and a pause feature that helps parents with online safety and teaching the importance of a balanced approach to screen time. Mumsnet users agree that it has made them think about the way the whole family uses the internet, which is why 84% say they would recommend to friends. Sky Broadband Buddy is simple to use, as one Mumsnet user explains: “It was very easy to use, even for my husband who is a bit of a technophobe.”

What are the benefits?

Sky BB

Sky Broadband Buddy** gives parents the ultimate level of control over their family’s internet usage. Buddy takes parental controls to the next level with its market-leading features such as being able to pause your internet, filter sites and manage screen time on devices on WiFi and mobile data.

What do Mumsnet users think?

The internet has changed so much and it’s very important to keep our kids as safe as possible online. Being able to filter out specific apps and web pages is fab. I’d recommend this to any family.

I liked being able to pause the internet for meals or to make sure homework was done. I appreciated being able to turn off apps and monitor my son’s usage. It was easy to use and I would recommend it to others, as online safety is vital for our children.

It has not only given me control over how much time my kids spend online and what they see online, but it’s also made us think as a family about how much time we actually spend using devices.

Not only have I been able to dramatically reduce my own personal usage but I have been able to reduce the girls' to a far healthier level. I can now be confident that their screen time is educational and age-appropriate.

I love the age filter settings especially the PG setting, which automatically blocks things like social media, YouTube and gambling/malicious content.

Mother and son on laptop

Hear from Sky

“We are incredibly proud for Sky Broadband Buddy to be Mumsnet Rated. At Sky, we connect families to content they love, so it is really important that they can do so safely. Sky Broadband Buddy is an easy way to manage and monitor children’s internet usage, and pausing the internet is a great way to ensure you can enjoy family time free from screen time – for both children and adults! This award is particularly meaningful as it has been accredited by parents.”

*37 of Mumsnet testers tried the Sky Broadband Buddy app

**Requires Sky Broadband Essential or Superfast, Sky Broadband Boost and Sky Broadband Buddy app on each compatible device running iOS 10+ or Android 5+ (see sky.com/buddy for device and software requirements). Sky recommends that all devices connected to the internet are protected with anti-virus software at all times.

Competition

To celebrate the Sky Broadband Buddy app winning Mumsnet Rated, we’re offering one lucky Mumsnet user the chance to win a £200 voucher. For a chance to scoop up this prize, just answer the question in the competition form below.
T&Cs apply. Competition ends 2 October 2019.

Please note that this voucher can be used in the following stores: Arcadia, Argos, B&Q, Costa Coffee, Debenhams, Decathlon, Eurostar, Halfords, IKEA, John Lewis, M&S, Primark, Tesco and Ticketmaster, ASOS, Clarks, Curry's PC world, Lastminute.com, national book tokens, Wagamama's & Waterstones