Best Baby Changing Bags
We tested the UK's best changing bags to find the top five on the market. Are you on a budget? After a cool and stylish bag? Or maybe a bag that allows you to be super organised? Whatever you’re after, we've done weeks of testing to find the best changing bag for you.
Best Changing Bag 2018
Mia Tui Jennie
A changing bag is your arsenal, your defence against the dark arts of poonamies and toddler tantrums.
Having a single bag, designed with parenting in mind – always packed and ready to go – can make your life that little bit easier.
Most changing bags have an insulated pocket or pouch for a baby bottle, and are made from wipe-clean materials. They often have a changing mat included with the bag, and a handy zip pocket for your keys, phone and wallet. The right bag can be an all-in-one solution that you’ll be carrying around for years to come.
Buying a bag is always a very personal affair and, amidst a sea of baby gear, it’s one purchase you make for you. Our Buyer’s Guide covers everything you need to think about before you buy.
In our mission to find the best on the market, we drew up a list of 10 changing bags to test, based on Mumsnetters’ recommendations on our Talk boards and best-selling lists. We also looked at some new releases, as we wanted to ensure we gave newcomers a level playing field to compete on with old favourites.
Which changing bags did you test?
Mia Tui Jennie (Mumsnet Best)
Storksak Hero (Best Changing Bag for an Active Lifestyle)
Babymel George (Best Changing Bag for Multiples)
Fact + Fiction Charli (Best Changing Bag for Style)
Babymoov Urban (Best Changing Bag for Multiples)
Tiba and Marl Kaspar
Little Bird Denim
Jem and Bea Jemima
After extensive testing, the Mia Tui Jennie (£60 from Mia Tui) triumphed when it came to style, comfort, size and extras. It’s a practical and versatile shoulder bag that’s well designed and will last you from the hospital delivery ward, through the first year and beyond. It's a great all-rounder.
- Roomy size with additional smaller bags to help organise everything you need for a day out
- External pocket slips over suitcase handle for easy travelling
- Available in 12 colours (navy, graphite, black, bronze, dove grey, scarlet, matt silver, cornflower blue, rose gold, aubergine, stone, tan)
- Dual purpose shoulder bag
Key features of the Mia Tui Jennie
- Shoulder strap
- Two insulated bottle holders
- Bold turquoise interior
- Travel changing mat
- External zip pocket that doubles as a strap to slip over your suitcase handle when travelling
All prices on this page correct at time of writing
How we tested
Each of the changing bags was used exclusively, one-by-one by our tester. We asked her to check that the bags were straightforward to use (what parent of a newborn has time for instruction manuals?) and have no nasty surprises – such as stains after just a couple of hours' usage, hard-to-reach pockets or ripped seams after a long day out.
We wanted to see how the changing bags performed in everyday situations, not just in “lab conditions” but also in those spontaneous “we-never-could-have-predicted-this” moments (always more likely to occur when you add a runny poo to the equation).Read full review » Best price £55 on Mia Tui
More Mumsnet Best Changing bags
Best Budget Changing Bag 2018
Babymoov Urban (£29.99 from Uber Kids) is a simple and stylish, affordable shoulder bag. It’s well designed with lots of pockets for keeping your things organised and comes with a foldaway changing mat, clear plastic pouch and a smaller zip pouch that's perfect for storing your baby's dummy.
These additional features, combined with the handy pockets and fantastically low price, made the Babymoov Urban a clear Mumsnet Best for Budget winner.
- Large main compartment
- Plastic-lined storage pocket
- Special pouch to store baby's dummy
- Padded adjustable shoulder strap for comfort
- Changing bag attaches to your pushchair using the included clips
- Insulated pocket suitable for storing baby's drink
- Lifetime guarantee
Best Changing Bag for Multiples 2018
The Babymel George (£60 from Uber Kids) is spacious, water-resistant and even has a wipes dispenser pocket for those emergencies.
It’s a unisex backpack designed for parents constantly on the go. It is big enough to fit a spare clothes, food, bottles and nappies for two children.
We think the Babymel George will help you cope even when you're outnumbered.
- Large zipped front pocket holds everything you need for quick nappy changes
- Easy-wipe side pocket with dispenser to slot wipes
- Discreet zipped compartment in the back
- Padded pocket for tablet or laptop
- Padded adjustable back straps with integrated stroller attachments
Best Changing Bag for Style 2018
Fact + Fiction Charli
The Fact + Fiction Charli backpack (£135 on Amazon) looks absolutely nothing like a baby product. It’s uber-stylish and uber-practical.
The backpack has pockets in all the right places and patented anti-smell technology (yep, you heard us right). Our tester was particularly impressed with the zip compartment at the base of the backpack which stores nappies, a lunchbox or even gym trainers.
- Compartment to fit laptop (up to 38cm) or changing mat
- Patented Flexzorb technology “actively removes smells”
- Mesh eyelets lets bag breathe and reduces bacteria
- Large external zipped pocket for handbag essentials
- Large interior waterproof compartment
- Soft, padded straps
Best Changing Bag for an Active Lifestyle 2018
The Storksak Hero (£115 on Uber Kids) is a compact and lightweight backpack that will help even the most disorganised parent keep their essentials in order.
It’s great for parents with an active lifestyle because you can store everything you could possibly need for a day out with (or without) the kids in tow while on the hop.
- Convertible dual compartment system: easy flip up/flip down shelf to create one large compartment, or two smaller ones
- Insulated food and bottle bag included
- Laminated internal base compartment, easily accessed from back zip
- Machine-washable padded changing mat
- Five internal pockets: one zipped, two slip, two elasticated
- Made from water-resistant polyester with faux leather trim
How we test
From car seats to feeding bottles, our testing process thoroughly puts products through their paces. Here's how we tested the UK's top changing bags to find the best of the best.Read more »
Whether you’re practical, stylish, or going backpacking during your maternity leave, taking a moment longer to find the right bag will pay dividends in the long run. If talk of stroller straps, buggy clips and wet bags has got you confused, you're in the right place.Read more »