One-third of parents have cut down on food or energy use to meet the costs of childcare
We conducted a Mumsnet poll to ask you what your views are on childcare, and what you think of the childcare policies of the main political parties.
A survey of over 1,000 Mumsnetters showed that childcare costs remain a serious concern for many.
- Over a third (36%) have cut down on food or energy use in order to meet childcare bills
- 10% have borrowed from family or friends
- 8% have resorted to using credit cards
Mumsnet CEO Justine Roberts said:
"Despite all the political focus on childcare, this survey shows that parents still struggle with costs. Childcare should be viewed as a key part of the country's infrastructure, helping us compete in the global economy. It shouldn't be that people end up in huge debt, or cutting down on essentials like food and heating, to pay for it."
And we also asked you which party leader you would trust to look after your children.
- Over half chose Nick Clegg (58%)
- 46% said they would trust David Cameron
- 44% chose Ed Miliband
- and... just 2% would trust Nigel Farage.
Last updated: over 1 year ago