Receive £20 when you sign up to sell for the first time on eBay
Have stuff you have been meaning to sell, but just haven’t got round to it yet? Selling regularly but not using eBay? Interested in receiving £20? This is the test for you
We have been asked by the team at eBay to find 1000 MNers to put them to the test and to share their feedback on a survey. In return, testers will receive £20 from eBay, and be in with the chance of winning a whopping £300 from Mumsnet.
For this test we are specifically looking for UK Mumsnetters that never listed an item on eBay before (first time listers) and users that haven’t listed anything for the last 365 days.
Fancy taking part?Sign up here to receive £20
What is eBay?
- eBay is the world's biggest online marketplace; a place for buyers and sellers to come together and buy or sell almost anything!
- A seller lists an item on eBay, from antiques to cars, books to sporting goods. The seller chooses to accept only bids for the item (an auction-style listing) or to offer the Buy It Now option, which allows buyers to purchase the item straight away at a fixed price.
- In an online auction-style listing, the bidding opens at a price the seller specifies and remains on eBay for a certain number of days. Buyers then place bids on the item. When the listing ends, the buyer with the highest bid wins.
- In a Buy It Now listing, the first buyer willing to pay the seller's price gets the item. Buying and selling on eBay is easy and it's fun.
Learn more about selling on eBay here
- All testers will need to create (or use their existing) eBay account and also have a PayPal account – if you don’t have an eBay account then you will need to create one before signing up.
- All testers will need to be registered members of Mumsnet.
- All testers will need to agree to list two items on eBay (for at least 14 days or more) which they would like to sell. We will send selected testers some guidance and support on how to add a listing.
- Limited to 1000 testers. Sign up ASAP. T&Cs apply – please read.
- Listings must start between the 21st August and 30th September.
- Selling and listing an item on eBay can and does incur small fees – for more info see here and there's a fee calculator here.
All testers will need to share feedback after they have completed their listing on a survey form (we will email you a link).
If you’re interested in taking part, please sign up here.
All those selected (if selected, you will be emailed by Mumsnet) and who go through the process of listing at least two items each via eBay and sharing their feedback on a survey by 16 October 2017 will be sent a £20 PayPay credit by eBay at the end of the project (by end of October) as well as being entered into a prize draw where one person will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list) from Mumsnet.