McCain - It's all good
Sponsored by McCain
McCain want to make family meals simple and stress-free, so to help, they've provided a couple of easy-peasy recipes that will go down a treat. Plus, read on for a selection of meal suggestions
Sausage Bake with McCain Wedges
Sausages baked with tomatoes and peppers, and topped with McCain Lightly Spiced Wedges
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- 540g McCain Lightly Spiced Wedges
- 8 thick pork sausages, choose your favourite kind
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp flour
- Brown the sausages in a frying pan, remove from the pan and place in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Use the oil left from the sausages and add the onions, garlic, and red pepper. Fry gently until soft.
- Add the flour to the pan and allow to absorb the juices
- Gradually add the chicken stock, tomato puree and the chopped tomatoes. Bring back to the boil, season to taste, then carefully pour over the sausages
- Layer a packet of McCain Lightly Spiced Wedges on top of the sausages and bake in the oven for 18 minutes until the wedges are hot and crispy.
- Serve with fresh green vegetables
Salmon Bites with McCain Smiles
This recipe is a great way of encouraging kids to eat fish, such a healthy mealtime staple. Juicy salmon covered in crunchy breadcrumbs and gently fried. Complete the dish with our golden McCain Smiles, peas and sweetcorn.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 300g boneless and skinless salmon, cut into large chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g breadcrumbs
- A little oil for the baking tray
- Preheat the oven 220°C (or 200°C in a fan assisted oven).
- Toss the salmon pieces through the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Place on an oiled solid baking sheet and bake with the McCain Smiles for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with peas and sweetcorn.
Plus, even more easy meal ideas with McCain
- McCain Smiles, made from fluffy mash potato, are the perfect accompaniment to classic children's meals - try serving it with fish fingers and fresh veg.
- Traditional mealtime favourites like burgers and baked beans will go down a treat with some delicious McCain Potato Fingers
- The next time you have a kid's party, why not try McCain Mexican Wedges served with salsa dip for an original and tasty party snack?
Last updated: about 3 years ago