Little Dish - Mumsnet Rated
Mumsnet testers gave lots of positive feedback on Little Dish, and we are therefore pleased to announce that Little Dish toddler meals have been awarded a Mumsnet Rated badge.
In order to qualify for the badge, a product needs 75% of testers who expressed an opinion to say they would buy the product again and recommend it. Little Dish scored even higher, with 83% saying they would buy the product again and 87% saying they would recommend it.
Find out what the testers had to say and exactly how Little Dish qualified for the badge below. One lucky Mumsnetter will even win a £100 John Lewis voucher, plus a Little Dish goody bag - both courtesy of Little Dish!
A little bit about Little Dish
When Hillary Graves was expecting her first baby, she realised you couldn't buy healthy, home-cooked style meals for toddlers and young children in the shops. She set out to create a range of delicious, nutritious food made from 100% natural ingredients, and so Little Dish was born. Nearly 10 years on, the company feeds around 100,000 little tummies every week.
Little Dish have collaborated with award-winning dietitian Lucy Jones to ensure each toddler meal is perfectly nutritionally balanced for one- to three-year-olds. The meals provide a source of protein and at least one portion of veg, as well as being low in salt, with no added sugar, additives or preservatives.
Little Dish has also just launched its new My First Pizza range, the UK's first healthy pizzas for toddlers. Especially for children aged one-year-plus, not only are the these mini pizzas delicious, they also provide one portion of veg each, contain 35% less salt than the average children's chilled pizza and have no added sugar, additives or preservatives. They are perfectly sized for little hands and have a soft, light and easy-to-chew texture.
So, what did MNers think of Little Dish meals?
- "They've gone down a storm with my rather fussy eater"
- "Finally I know she has something nutritious as well as healthy, balanced and natural. She even ate the peppers, and everything else that was in the meal - both were very tasty and mild"
- "Love them! They are proper 'grown-up' little meals, both in the way they look and taste, and are not full of rubbish. 10/10 from us!"
- "My overall impression of Little Dish meals is they are superb!"
- "Every mouthful was followed by 'more!'"
- "One meal down and DD declared it 'very yummy!'"
- "Lovely colourful packaging. I like how there are little named animals on the front, with their favourite foods mentioned"
- "Well presented, cute kids' activity on the inside sleeve"
Would MNers recommend Little Dish toddler meals?
- "Definitely - they are yummy, easy to prepare and good for children - fab!"
- "Yes. DD2 loves them. I know she's getting a decent meal and it tastes better than my cooking"
- "I would definitely recommend Little Dish as I liked that each meal included one of your five-a-day"
- "I would recommend, they are convenient for time when you need a ready meal, but a lot healthier"
- "Would definitely buy these again to have on stand-by for difficult evenings. Use-by dates were good also. I would recommend these to friends and family"
And would MNers recommend Little Dish My First Pizzas?
- "Yes! They look and taste like proper grown-up pizzas, absolutely delish and highly recommended. Thumbs-up Little Dish, we love you!"
- "Yes, they are really cute. My daughter liked them and they were so easy to prepare!"
- "Yes. They are small, cute and a very good portion size for toddlers"
- "Yes. I like the hidden vegetables in the sauce and the fact that they're lower salt"
- "Yes I would; fuss-free cooking and the recipe is fantastic. They are a great idea that the children loved"
WIN! Little Dish is offering the chance to win a £100 John Lewis voucher for one lucky Mumsnetter, plus a Little Dish goody bag.
Two runners-up will also win a Little Dish goody bag.
To enter, answer the simple question below. Best of luck!
Competition closing date: 7 October 2015
Last updated: over 2 years ago