Refresh your BBQ this summer by winning our juicy drinks
To celebrate BBQ season, five lucky Mumsnetters can win a big case of our new juicy drinks for kids. Tasty apple and orange juice with a splash of spring water, they're perfect for refreshing thirsty kids this summer. To bagsy yourself a box, just tell us your best family BBQ tip.
Top BBQ tips
If you're stuck for ideas on what to to make or how to get your kids involved (and more importantly, up for eating all the food you're busy making), here are some failsafe tips and tricks from the mums and dads at Fruit Towers for tear-free BBQs.
- Kids get bored waiting for things to cook on a BBQ, so cook skinny chipolatas rather than big fat sausages.
- Get them to put all of their favourite things on a skewer and then barbecue – works well with veg, prawns or even with sweet stuff (bananas, marshmallows...). If they help create it, they'll probably eat it.
- Make some 'Smores' (some mores). You'll need Rich Tea biscuits, marshmallows and chocolate buttons. Toast marshmallows over the barbeque on skewers, then sandwich them in between two biscuits (remembering to stuff in some buttons) and eat. Be careful not to burn your mouth. You can always use chocolate digestives if you don't have buttons handy.
- In my house, it's all about BBQ fajitas. Marinate chicken fillet strips in something spicy, chop up lots of fresh onions and peppers and grill the lot on the barbeque. While it's all cooking, pile the table high with tortilla wraps, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, chopped lettuce, black beans and grated cheese. Then place the barbequed chicken and vegetables on a plate in the middle and wrap away.
- For pud, we have a rough Eton mess. Loads of strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries, plain yoghurt or vanilla icecream and some meringue. Let everyone mash their own mess.
- As for drinks, I find that our apple juice with fizzy water is wonderfully refreshing. Although a glass of something chilled and white never goes amiss (for me that is, not them).
- Chocolate buttons stuck into bananas, wrapped in tin foil and chucked onto the barbie. Old trick but always so good.
- A paddling pool is mandatory for any successful family BBQ.
- My best tip for barbequing with kids is to go camping and do it. Laurie seems to eat loads more, what with it being 'outdoors' and in nature, like.
- The closing date for the competition is 31 Aug 2011.
- This month's prize is for 5 lucky Mumsnetters to win a case of innocent's new Juicy Drink for kids (6 multipacks of 5 cartons)
- What you need to do to enter this competition is to tell us your best family BBQ tip and Mumsnet will select a winner at random.
- To enter, you must be: (a) A UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Mumsnet or innocent.
- No purchase necessary.
- All entries must be made using the special form on the innocent competition page.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed in the ether of the internet, or which are not received for any reason.
- The lucky winners will be notified by an e-mail from the Mumsnet team, and the prizes will then be sent by innocent.
- If Mumsnet do not receive a response to the email within two weeks, the prize will be offered to a runner-up.
- Mumsnet and innocent's decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered.
- You can find out who has won by looking at the Mumsnet Winners' Corner.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize. Not even that fancy kaftan you've had your eye on.
- If, for any reason, an advertised prize is not available, Mumsnet and innocent reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified. So type carefully.
- Your details will be collected via encrypted data solely for the purposes of this prize draw and deleted once the winner/s have been notified. Thank you for reading all the small print so very closely.
Last updated: over 3 years ago