The Big Knit
Every year, knitters up and down the country knit little woolly hats to go on our smoothie bottles. For every behatted bottle sold in the shops, 25p is donated to Age UK to help keep older people warm in winter.
We're aiming to knit 650,000 hats this year to raise £162,500 to help provide blankets, hot meals and heating advice. If you fancy getting involved, have a read on to see what you needle to do (sorry).
Dust off your needles and grab the nearest sheep
To make it really easy to get involved, we've made this handy guide for everyone from first time knitters to crochet wizards. It's filled with patterns and tips on how to knit a natty hat. To get started, just click below.
Become a Mumsknitter and win a month's supply of smoothies
Speedy with the stocking stitch? Dab hand with the needles? Fancy winning a month's worth of smoothies? Just knit us your finest hat and the 10 best hats from Mumsnetters will win a month's supply of smoothies for their purling prowess and star in our special Big Knit feature in December. Just send your top hats to the address below.
If you need some inspiration, here's a few of our favourite hats that people have knitted us over the years. They don't need to be fancy though. Every hat counts, no matter how many bobbles, baubles or goggly eyes. Though we do like the goggly eyes. In case you were wondering.
Once you've finished knitting your hats, just pop them in an envelope along with your name, address and number of hats you've knitted to:
The Big Knit 342
All hats need to arrived by 14/10/2011. Thanks and good luck.
- The closing date for the competition is 14 Oct 2011 (hat arrival date)
- This month's prize is for 10 lucky Mumsnetters to win an array of smoothies and juice drinks for their family (this will include 5 multiserve smoothie / juices, and 2 multipack products for kids). PLUS each winner and their hat will be featured on the Innocent Mumsnet Hub.
- What you need to do to enter this competition is knit a hat for our Innocent smoothie 250ml bottles and send it to arrive by 14 Oct, to Mumsknitters, The Big Knit, 342 Ladbroke Grove, London, W10 6BU.
- To enter, you must be: (a) A UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Mumsnet or innocent.
- No purchase necessary.
- All hats are none returnable as they will be used for the Big Knit charitable cause.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed in the post, or which are not received for any reason.
- The 10 winners will be chosen by a panel at Innocent.
- The lucky winners will be notified by an e-mail from the Mumsnet team, and the prizes will then be sent by innocent.
- By entering the competition, Mumsnetters acknowledge that they are required to participate in publicity relating to the competition. This includes, but is not limited to, their name and/or image and statements made for the December 'Big Knit feature' on the Innocent Mumsnet Hub.If Mumsnet do not receive a response to the email within 2 days requesting information for the feature, the prize will be offered to a runner-up.
- The 'big knit' feature will appear online from December, and will remain live as determined by Innocent and Mumsnet.
- Mumsnet and innocent's decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered.
- You can find out who has won by looking at the Mumsnet Winners' Corner.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize. Not even that fancy kaftan you've had your eye on.
- If, for any reason, an advertised prize is not available, Mumsnet and innocent reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified. So type carefully.
- Your details will be collected via encrypted data solely for the purposes of this prize draw and deleted once the winner/s have been notified. Thank you for reading all the small print so very closely.
Last updated: almost 2 years ago