How do you have a healthy lunch?
We created our veg pots to make it easy to get a healthy, tasty and filling lunch (and 3 of your 5-a-day).
We think they do a pretty good job, but we also wanted to hear how you manage a busy day and healthy, happy mealtimes. Lots of you were kind enough to share your wisdom with us, so here are our top 5 tips from the ones you sent in:
- Homemade dips are simple to whip up and make snacking on raw carrots and peppers more fun.
- Sneak different veg like carrot, parsnip or swede in with mashed potato for a tasty shepherd’s pie topping.
- Keep chopped up carrot sticks in the fridge so you can quickly add them to salads.
- For a quick pudding, slice up a couple of apples and sprinkle with cinnamon and a drizzle of honey. Then bake in the oven for 10 minutes and serve with little pots of plain yoghurt for dipping.
- Use up leftover veg by making soup and freeze whatever you don't eat for when you're short of time.
Big thanks to everyone who sent in their tips. You can have a read of the rest of them here.
Last updated: over 3 years ago