Safety around water
Holidays are all about making memories with the family, so why not make one of the memories mean more? Holidays are the perfect place to first introduce your family to water or develop more advanced skills, such as diving or swimming under water. At Haven parks they offer a range of different swimming lessons for all ages, as well as beach safety.
Included in the cost of your holiday, you can bring your little one along for water confidence lessons. The lessons are aimed at an age range from six months to four years, with professional instructors leading the course to teach your tots to gain confidence in the water. Using floats, water aids and lots of encouragement, children can increase their ability in the water. What's more, not only will you be safe in the knowledge that your child is being taught a course by the Swimming Teachers Association (STA), your child will receive their very own certificate to take away and show all their friends.
You could also join Haven Seaside Squad's very own beach lifeguard, Polly, as she sings and teaches about safety around water in an activity new for 2014, Polly's Swim a Song. Polly leads the song while showing the little ones how to have fun and be safe, all before getting in the water as the activity takes place away from the pool. It's perfect for that first introduction to the wet stuff, and perfectly safe too.
For the older ones Haven offer Learn2 Swim, which is water confidence at a higher level.
Not only do Haven want to show the importance of safety around pools, they also want to show how important it is to be safe on the beach, therefore they are working closely with the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI). On Haven's website you can find a guide for a safe and fun time at the seaside.
Haven are also extremely proud that many of the beaches near their parks have been awarded a Blue Flag Award and have below chosen their top five beaches out of the winners.
- Central Beach Blackpool is famous for its promenade, which runs the full length of the sandy beach. It's perfect for taking in the Illuminations by foot or in one of Blackpool's trams.
- Tenby beaches have three awards with long stretches of sandy beach, rock pools, safe bathing with a lifeguard on duty just a short walk into Tenby with its cafes and restaurants.
- Clacton-On-Sea, known as the sunshine coast of Essex, has miles of golden sand and glorious seafront gardens. There's a fun-packed Victorian pier, and Clacton Air Show takes place on 22 and 23 August.
- Filey's long sandy beach has a promenade and sculpture trail. Round the corner you'll find Filey Brigg which is a lovely sheltered bay with great rock pools to explore.
- Sandy Bay, at the end of the Jurassic Coast in Devon, has impressive red cliffs and miles of sandy beaches, perfect for an afternoon stroll with the dog and afternoon tea at the South Beach Cafe.
With all these award-winning beaches and the fun of the Haven parks, it's a winning combination.
Last updated: over 1 year ago