Win a romantic £500 four-star weekend break at The Colonnade hotel in London
Valentine's Day is just round the corner and, to help warm us up in the lurrve-declaration department, our discount partner Hallmark.co.uk has come up with a fantastically romantic – and gloriously exclusive – competition to win a weekend break at a four-star London hotel.
All you have to do is, by the closing date of 7 February 2010, Tweet your own Valentine's verse or limerick (but please read the 'How to enter' instructions below before you start). Your Tweet can be soppy, funny or just plain old romantic; it's up to you. (Tweets are limited to 140 characters, so it'll have to be short as well as sweet!)
How to enter
- Follow MumsnetTowers and Hallmark on Twitter.
- Compose your tweet and either 'direct message' it to MumsnetTowers or send it with @mumsnet in your Tweet.
Please note that this competition closes on 7 February 2010.
Remember, anything goes, so be creative and don't be afraid of using txt spk or abbreviations!
Have a blush/giggle/sigh over these entries:
- I wish I was your mobile phone, lovingly held by you day and night, You could always touch my buttons and tweet me oh so right! zoebyr
- My life is incredibly frantic, no time 2b fussy or pedantic. I'd just like 2 say tht 4 valentines day, I'd like something very romantic. lizzombie
- What inspired my valentine rhyme? Two parts vodka, and one part lime. paulinepppp
- Soon to be valentines and I am single and hoping to mingle. I want to feel that love tingle, so if you are game tweet my name. labLJlala
- To my husband... When I look at you, I can't believe you're mine, My gorgeous hunky hubby, My darling Valentine! poodlefluff1
- I've followed pathways narrow, avoiding Cupid's arrow. Whenever you tweet, my heart skips a beat, 'cos I have found my cock sparrow. lilibet19
- I love you, I love you, I love you almighty, I wish my pyjamas were next to your nightie. LisaCustardo
- Twenty years without a card, nor a present too, now it's time to make amends and say that I love you! 2good2hurry
- Your eyes are like jewels, your lips like honey, but as you're a banker, just give me the money. tiddles12
- There once was a man named DH, who insisted on pronouncing it haitch. So I shot him. showofhands
SPECIAL BONUS! By becoming a Hallmark follower and tweeting your romantic verse, you'll also automatically be entered into the National Hallmark Verse competition, for a chance to win a luxury cottage break.
What you win
One lucky Mumsnetter will win a two-night stay for two in a deluxe room at the super-swish Colonnade in London's stylish Little Venice. The prize includes champagne on ice, fresh roses, chocolate-dipped strawberries and bubble bath, as well as breakfast on both mornings.
A member of Summit Hotels & Resorts, The Colonnade is a charming four-star hotel that was built in 1865 and today provides an intimate haven in the bustling capital, with all of the warmth of a sumptuous private home.
Making it personal this Valentine's Day
Hallmark.co.uk has a huge range of fantastic personalised Valentine's cards and, as a Mumsnet Partner, offers you a 10% discount (simply enter MUMSNETTER at the checkout). You can create a card as unique as the one you love by uploading favourite photos, changing text and even including those names you call each other when no one else is around!
The perfect card for your Valentine can be created in just three easy steps, but it's not just for Valentine's Day, because Hallmark.co.uk offers more than 1,000 great quality personalised cards for every occasion that are convenient and easy to create. So check out their great range and get creative!
Last updated: over 3 years ago