Cover more of what you love
To celebrate the fantastic features of the Home Insurance Plus cover from Direct Line, three lucky Mumsnetters were given the chance to make their creative dreams become a reality. You can check out their DIY achievements below, as well as the great features of Home Insurance Plus.
Home Insurance Plus
Home Insurance Plus from Direct Line gives you all the cover you'd expect, and a lot that you wouldn't. With a Defaqto 5-star rating, there's now 20% off when you buy online.
- Unlimited Buildings Cover: Covers the cost in materials and labour to rebuild your home (not its market value).
- Up to £100,000 Contents Cover: Covers everything in your home from furniture and carpets to valuables and items of sentimental value.
- Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance: Insuring you and your family for overseas medical emergencies, cancellation and more. Worth an average of £100. Age limits and pre-existing medical conditions apply.
- Home Emergency Cover: If there's a home emergency with things like plumbing and drainage, electrics and heating or home security, Direct Line will cover the cost of fixing it up to £500.
- £5,000 Personal Possessions Cover: For the things you take out and about - like your smartphone, jewellery, up to £1,000 per bicycle and even money up to £1,000.
- Accidental Damage Cover: Handy for everything from those DIY disasters to carpet-ruining spills.
- Family Legal Protection: Direct Line will help you and your family pursue your rights on a range of legal issues, providing up to £100k for legal costs and a 24-hour confidential advice line.
- DataPatrol Identity and Online Fraud Assistance: Helping to detect the theft, loss or disclosure of your vital personal and financial information. Powered by Garlik, part of Experian.
- Kids going to university? Direct Line will cover them too, with up to £10k worth of cover for their contents.
Mumsnetters' Home Plus DIY
Direct Line asked you what you would do to your home to make it a 'Home Plus', asking how you would spend £1,000 on the house if you had the chance. Three lucky Mumsnetters won £1,000 each to make their ideas a reality, here's how they chose to spend the money.
Under-the-stairs reading room
"The children are really excited about having a space just big enough for them. My son has started making us sit in the hall while he does a show through the window, reading us stories while we do the actions. My daughter loves sitting on the box seat with her big brother and it's great for me to see them spending time together."
Sort out the overgrown garden
"I've lots of plans for what I'd do with the garden. A lovely sunken trampoline for the children, a pretty little shed in a nice colour, a vegetable patch and decking/patio area for relaxing meals."
A Scandinavian-inspired hallway
"We have a lovely big hall with a high ceiling and stained glass panels, but it is looking a bit neglected and tatty. I really love Scandinavian decor so would work inspired by that. We would need to repair the plastering, repaint the whole space white and make a massive feature wall of floor to ceiling shelving."
Direct Line insurance policies are underwritten by UK Insurance Limited, Registered office: The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds, LS1 4AZ. Registered in England and Wales No.1179980. U K Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Calls may be recorded. If you no longer wish to receive mailings from us, please unsubscribe to the address on the back of the envelope.
Last updated: over 1 year ago