Through investment from The Co-operative Enterprise Hub, The Co-operative is bringing together over 11,000 Kenyan smallholder tea farmers into co-operatives.
By forming into co-operatives, the farmers will benefit in many ways, including having a stronger voice in trading negotiations and enjoying improved access to markets. They will also be able to build a business they own and share in the profits. And Fairtrade certification will guarantee a minimum price for their tea and make them eligible to supply into The Co-operative's own '99' Fairtrade tea blend.
The Co-operative has put together two mouth-watering Co-operative luxury food and drink hampers packed full of champagne, Fairtrade wine and Truly Irresistible treats and snacks, perfect for your summer family picnic.
March saw the launch of The Co-operative's 'Join the Revolution' campaign which features real people from the initiatives it supports. You can find out more about the campaign by clicking here. The advert features a tea smallholder in Kenya and you can learn more about her story and how we've helped the Kenyan tea smallholders come together to set up their own co-operatives by viewing the film below (and don't forget to check out the T&Cs!).
WIN! Two lucky Mumsnetters will win one Co-operative luxury food and drink hamper each.
To enter: Simply watch the video clip below, My Revolution: Getting a fair deal, and answer the question further down the page.
- If, for any reason, an advertised prize is not available, The Co-operative reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value.
- Only one entry per person. No purchase necessary.
- Two winners will be selected, each winning one hamper.
- Contents of the hamper may differ from the image shown.
- There is no cash alternative and no alternative products are available.
- Entry is not available to employees (and their families) of The Co-operative Group who are connected with the administration of this promotion or any third parties who are connected with the administration of this promotion.
- UK delivery only for each of the hampers.
- The data collected through this competition will be used for the administration of this promotion only and will not be used for marketing purposes.
- The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Last updated: over 1 year ago