Children's Investment Plan
F&C Children’s Investment Plan
If you are looking for a flexible way to invest money for your children, why not consider the F&C Children’s Investment plan.
Why a CIP could be great for your child.
- The plan is open to all children – even those eligible for CTF.
- You can invest monthly from just £25 a month
- It’s an ideal plan to run alongside a Child Trust Fund too.
- You can retain access to the money – unlike a CTF. This makes it ideal for school trips, fees or simply emergencies.
- No investment limit. This allows grandparents to gift money and could help reduce a potential inheritance tax bill.
- You can choose the option of writing the plan under a Bare Trust that offers some tax advantages.
- A range of investment trusts to choose from.
Worried about stockmarket performance?
- Cash savings, like bank and building society accounts, are very low risk but they also offer relatively low returns and their real value can be slowly eroded by inflation.
- History overwhelmingly suggests that over long periods of time, such as 10 years, stockmarket investments can provide higher returns if you are willing to accept some degree of risk. Fortunately, children have time on their side.
- Saving regularly each month can help smooth out the highs and lows because you buy fewer shares when prices are high and more when prices are low.
- It's important to pick the right type of investment and the facts are that, over long periods, the average investment trust has performed better than other mainstream investment classes.
Put your trust in F&C
F&C is one of the UK’s leading investment trust providers managing over £101bn assets at 30 June 2007. In recognition of their excellence in children’s investments, F&C was voted ‘Best Children’s Investment Provider 2007’ by What Investment magazine.
Stock market and currency movements mean the value of your investment can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invest, whereas savings in a bank or building society are readily accessible and capital and interest, once earned, is guaranteed. Past performance is not a guide to future performance.
Download our FREE guide (1.5MB)
Last updated: about 3 years ago