Online Business Fortnight Prize Draw
We've got fantastic prizes for you to win:
- A free ticket to a Barclays Thrive Online workshop, including over £400 of vouchers to use with Barclays' online marketing partners
- A mentoring session with Carrie Longton, co-founder of Mumsnet
- A collection of inspiring and un-put-downable online business books
PRIZE DRAW NOW CLOSED
For information on how to build your business see the Online Business Fortnight.
Head to Barclays on Mumsnet for lots more:
- Expert information on starting your own business
- Family budgeting and saving tips
- Money-saving videos and inspiring start-up videos
Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is open to United Kingdom and Channel Islands residents who are 18 years or over, excluding employees of Barclays, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. The promotion runs from 00.01am GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on 7th October 2013 to 23.59pm GMT on 18th October 2013.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. Valid Twitter account and Internet access are required. A smart phone is required if entering via mobile phone into this promotion.
5. To Enter the Draw: Log into your Twitter account, tweet the following promotional message: "I've entered the 'Barclays on Mumsnet' Online Business Fortnight prize draw. Find out more at #onlinebizfortnight (T&Cs apply http://tiny.mn/18WYUtJ)" and you will be eligible to enter the draw.
6. Regardless how many times you tweet, you will have only one entry into the draw over the entire promotional period.
7. The Prizes:
First Prize: 1 x a free place on one day interactive and practical Barclays "Thrive Online Workshop" that will help you to use cost-effective online marketing tools to build your business, attract visitors to your website. Plus £400 vouchers to spend with Barclays'online marketing partners: Google, the Yahoo!Bing network, Facebook, Experian and Scoot. For more information and a choice of workshop dates and locations, see http://www.barclays.co.uk/Businessservices/ThriveOnlineworkshops/P1242613483520
Second Prize: 1 x Mentoring Session with Carrie Longton co-founder of Mumsnet. The mentoring session will consist of one hour (either face-to-face or via video conference). Details to be confirmed with Mumsnet team, upon confirmation of winner. Third Prize: 5 x 5 inspiring online business books (How to build a business from your kitchen table – Sophie Cornish; Entrepreneur: How to start an online business – Lucy Tobin; Blog, Inc. – Joy Deangdeelart; The Digital Business Start-Up Workbook: The Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide to Succeeding Online from Start-Up to Exit – Cheryl Rickman; Guidelines for online success – Rob Ford)
8. Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. Delivery of the prizes may take up to 30 days from the date of a prize acceptance by a winner.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with another prize of equal or greater value if, for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the stated prizes are no longer available.
10. Winner Selection: Winners will be selected randomly in a draw, from all valid entries received, within 7 working days after the closing date of this promotion by Promoveritas, the independent promotion verification service.
11. Winner Notification: Winners will be contacted via a private tweet on Twitter within 5 working days after the draw. Winners will have 14 days to respond to initial notification. In the event of non-response within the stated timeframe, the winner will be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternative (reserved) winner. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their Twitter account during this period to check if they are the winner in this promotion.
12. Winners may be required to provide proof of age and identity.
13. No bulk, third party or organized group entries will be accepted.
14. Incomplete, misdirected or late submissions will not be accepted. Proof of sending a tweet will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise, including but not limited to continuous uninterrupted or secure access to Twitter.
15. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by entrants as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the prizes.
16. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
17. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which us beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
19. Winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this promotion.
20. Winners' names and counties can be obtained by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope (within 30 days) after 20th December 2013 to: Barclays on Mumsnet PD, PO95, Leigh, Lancs, WN7 1WS.
21. This promotion is not affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the products, service providers or on-line marketing partners featured in the prizes. Trademarks, logos and names of the products, service providers and on-line marketing partners are the property of their respective owner.
22. Your use of Twitter is subject to the terms and conditions of service of Twitter. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any tweets in breach of these terms with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.
23. The Promoter's decision in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions.
25. This promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered in England, No. 1026167. Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
Barclays Bank plc takes no responsibility for the content of third party websites or the views and recommendations expressed by named third parties in this webpage. The material on this webpage is for information only. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP. Barclays Insurance Services Company Limited is authorised and regulated by the FSA. Registered No 973765. Registered Office for both: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. Barclays Business is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC. Barclays Bank PLC subscribes to the Lending Code which is monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board and is licensed and regulated by the Office of Fair Trading for the provision of credit products to consumers and related services. Further details can be found at www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk
Last updated: almost 2 years ago