Meath Gardens was formerly the privately-owned Victoria Park Cemetery established in 1842. It closed to burials in 1876 having fallen into disuse, but its Gothic entrance arch remains.
By 1885 it was in a very poor state and the MPGA approached the owner for permission to lay it out as a public garden. After much protracted negotiation and fund-raising this was finally achieved and the new gardens were opened in 1894 by the Duke of York.
Children's play equipment was provided and a few gravestones remained.
Facilities:Play area for ages 4 and below Play area for ages 5 and above Basketball Multi use games area Small side football Grass football pitch – pay to play
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Event contact: No name specified
No contact number specified