No venue specified
Warren Road, Wanstead, E11 2LU
All Ages - All Ages
**copy and photos from Redbridge i and City of London.gov:
Grade II listed, 140-acre woodland – managed by City of London
The park is part of Epping Forest and formerly the site of the historical Wanstead House. Wanstead Park retains a small number of original remains from the impressive 18th century mansion and includes the following features:
- diverse wildlife and plants
- landmark nature reserve known as 'Ornamental Waters'
- a range of artificial ponds and rough grassland
- a choice of walking routes across the terrain
- seasonal fishing on Perch Pond and Ornamental Waters which is free to members of the public
- a small museum within the 'Temple', a restored out-building containing guides and artifacts from the original building
- 'The Grotto', a boathouse and part of the original historic premises
- a kiosk serving hot and cold food
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.