The Sainsbury Centre is one of around a hundred university museums in the UK which are regularly open to the public. Sir Robert (1906 – 2000) and Lady Sainsbury (1912 – ) donated their collection of world art to the University of East Anglia in 1973 and the Sainsbury Centre first opened its doors to visitors in 1978. It was the Sainsburys’ hope that students, academic staff and the general public would grow to appreciate the works on display in much the same way as they themselves had done, by being able to look frequently and closely at them without the distraction of too much museum-style text and labelling.
Almost all the works in the Collection are on permanent display. As well as being visited by the public, they are used extensively for teaching by various UEA departments and many local schools and colleges
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Event contact: No name specified