Back due to popular demand: the third North West Puddle Jumping Championship at Martin Mere. Dress up warm, get your wellies on and get outside to jump into our puddles to win prizes. This year WWT’s new children’s character, Dusty Duck is joining in the fun and helping kids create the biggest, craziest splash possible.
The puddles will be set up for you to practice and have fun in with the competition starting at 2pm. It is 50p to enter the competition. Every contestant will receive a ‘splashtastic’ sticker to acknowledge their puddle jumping skills.
• Take part in our Welly shot putt everyday between 1pm and 2pm for the chance to win prizes for the longest throw.
• Frogs can jump up to 50 times their body lenght! Can you do a frog jump? Take part in this free fun activity between 11am and 12.30pm.
• Everyday at 3pm and 3.30pm watch the spectacle of thousands of Whooper swans feed on the mere. The feeds include a wardens talk.
• Otter talk: Meet our 3 cheeky Asian otters as you watch them forage, swim, rest, sleep and bath in the sunshine. 11.30am and 2.30pm.
• Get creative and make a craft in our craft room between 12.30pm – 3.30pm
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Event contact: No name specified