St. Hilda's School, which is privately owned, was founded in 1891. In 1977 the school became a Limited Company and is now administered by a Board of Directors (see below). The premises include an adjacent field used for athletics in the Summer Term, a tennis court and a small swimming pool. At the time of its Centenary, the school was extended to include a Hall and Science / Art Room. A stage has since been added to the Hall, making it possible to present dramatic and musical productions in school. Four music rooms and a computer room are on the second floor. St. Hilda's is a member of the Independent Schools Association and the Independent Schools Council. In 1981 it was accredited by the Independent Schools Joint Council and gained re-accreditation in 1996. The Senior Management Team consists of the Headmistress, the Deputy Head and the Director of Studies.