When it comes to ‘wow factor’, this masterpiece of high Victorian engineering – the World’s first successful boat lift – is still in a league of its own. Designed to ‘lift’ boats 50 feet between the River Weaver and the Trent & Mersey Canal, it is still in operation today. So if you want to float through the air on a boat, or take a trip down the tranquil River Weaver finding out about Cheshire’s fascinating history and wildlife, there is no entry fee to the site, so everyone can enjoy:
- Free entry to the Lift’s interactive Exhibition, featuring hands-on activities for children and an insight into the lives of those who built and worked the Lift.
- Free entry to terraced grounds leading down to the spectacular Lift located next to the River Weaver and Trent & Mersey Canal.
- Year-round events programme with many free events
- Free entry to play area, tree-top coffee shop and gift shop
- Friendly staff and volunteers whose goal is to make your time at the Lift memorable
Take your little ones on a boat trip through the magnificent lift and enjoy the year round events calendar, including the Easter Eggstravanganza, Viking Weekend, Fireworks Show and Santa Cruises.
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Event contact: No name specified
01606 786 777