Switching energy supplier
Switching to an energy supplier that suits your family's needs couldn't be simpler, so, although you might not have the heating on at the moment, take a minute to consider your supplier now and when winter rolls around you'll be feeling very organised
and a little smug. Read on to find out how – and why – you should switch
Things to consider before switching energy supplier
How often can I switch suppliers?
You can change your energy supplier every 28 days (if that's how you like to spend your free time), but beware incurring cancellation changes by jumping from provider to provider.
How long does it take to switch supplier?
It normally takes about 21 days to change gas or electricity supplier. Your new provider will liaise with your old supplier about a handover date, so you don't need to worry about this; but before your new energy supply starts you will be asked to supply some meter readings.
What if I change my mind?
Starting the day after you sign up to your new tariff, you will have a 14 day cooling off period in which you can cancel the switch without interrupting your energy supply.
Will I be charged for cancelling my current energy deal?
This is worth exploring before you begin the switching process as exit fees are common if you try to exit fixed rate tariffs early. However, all suppliers should now allow you to leave your contract up to 49 days ahead of the end of your current tariff without charging you a fee. You can also transfer up to £500 of debit over to your new provider, so don't let any outstanding debt prevent you from moving to the supplier that best suits you and your family.
What information do I need in order to switch supplier?
If you're thinking about switching you will need the following information to hand:
- Your postcode
- The name of your current supplier and the details of your current tariff with them
- How much energy you use in kilowatt hours (kWh) on gas and electricity. You can find this information on a rent bill or annual statement.
- Your bank details, if you would like to pay by direct debit.
Switching to SSE
Price comparison websites are useful as a first port of call for any big purchasing decision, but they often don't tell the whole story. If you are thinking about switching energy supplier, reliable high-quality service and added value extras are as important as monthly cost.
For example, families who switch to SSE can take advantage of a whole host of added extras:
- Exclusive ticket presales for the SSE Arenas in Belfast and Wembley, and the SSE Hydro in Glasgow, as well as upgrades to SSE customer-only lounges and the chance to win loads of one-off prizes via their reward programme. If you've got teenage kids, just imagine how popular you'll be when you snag tickets to the next Ed Sheeran/Ariana Grande/Sam Smith (delete as appropriate) concert… Or at the very least there'll be a break from the eye-rolling and embarrassed sighing in your presence.
- For those of you who value peace of mind above all things (or those of you who've been without heating in February before), you'll receive £55 of credit on your gas bill when you sign up for SSE Boiler or Heating Cover; plus unlimited parts and labour, an annual boiler service, and unlimited 24/7 emergency call-outs.
- Fixing a broken boiler is often a big one-off expense that can seriously dent your savings. Luckily, free boiler repair is included when you take out 12 months of Boiler or Heating cover as an existing SSE customer. Non-SSE Energy customers can also benefit from a half-price repair when they take out 12 months' cover. 12 months of cover will set you back less than the price of the average UK boiler repair.
- Hit two birds with one stone, and cut down on the life admin a bit, too, by adding in unlimited fibre broadband for just £24 per month, with no fixed term contract and unlimited downloads.
Subject to availability and SSE Reward Terms & Conditions
Offer available on SSE Boiler Cover and SSE Heating Cover (£0 excess products) only. The £55 gas credit will be credited to your gas account within 46 calendar days of the 14 day cancellation period being complete. Offer ends, 0.00 hours on 10 September 2018. Full offer and product terms and conditions can be found here.
Boiler repair subject to terms and conditions found in the SSE Home Services Policy Booklet. Full details found here.
SSE will waive the usual fixed boiler repair fee for existing SSE customers without a SSE Home Services Contract, providing you buy either SSE Heating Cover or SSE Boiler Cover (excludes SSE Boiler Breakdown and SSE Heating Breakdown). Non-SSE energy customers will pay just £75 for their boiler repair when they also take out one of our full price annual SSE Heating or Boiler Cover plans at the same time (excludes SSE Boiler Breakdown and SSE Heating Breakdown).
Based on research conducted online by YouGov between 7 November and 1 December 2017 among 13,494 consumers responsible for their household’s boiler.
Unlimited broadband is subject to our Broadband Traffic Management Policy and Acceptable Use Policy which can be found here.