Target number game
The target number game is an interactive maths activity for you to play at home with your child. It's great for practising number bonds in a fun way.
- The aim of the game is to hit the target number
- Points are scored according to the amount of numbers used to hit the target, the more numbers you use, the more points you score
- 50 points are awarded for the first number used, 100 points for the second, 150 for the third and so on
- 50 points will be deducted from the score if a number which will take the total over the target number is chosen
If the target number is 8, then it could be hit just using 8 and 50 points would be scored. If 5+3 are used then 50+100 = 150 points are scored. If 4+2+2 are used then 50+100+150 = 300 points scored.
- Select a number by clicking on it, if you change your mind just click again.
- There are 10 target numbers for each game. The target numbers are generated at random. If you don't think the target can be hit, then click the red button to end the game.
- The next game can be played using the same target numbers. These will appear at the top of the screen. This gives you the chance to see if you could have done better with the same targets.
- A new game can also be played with new targets.
Last updated: almost 2 years ago