The 17 best misheard song lyrics ever
Do you make up your own personal lyrics to hard-to-decipher songs? You're not the only one - here are some of Mumsnetters' best. Read more on the thread and have a listen to the sweet tunes on our vintage playlist.
1) "Should I give up or should I just keep chasing payments?"
"I thought Adele was a debt collector" - sleepyhead
2) "Don't go Jason Waterfooord"
"My mum thought 'don't go chasing waterfalls' by TLC was 'don't go Jason Waterford' and assumed he was a well-loved actor or author or something." - Doubtfuldaphne
3) "Wash your back for good"
"My friend thought the Take That classic went "I wash your back for good" instead of "I want you back for good". " - Tournesol
4) "Le-vel CROSSING"
"The bit that goes - 'let the choir sing' in Like A Prayer, I always heard it as 'level crossing'. The fact that a choir appears at that point in the music video should have been a clue..." - HootyMcOwlface
5) "You might as well face it - you're a dick with a glove"
6) "My lover's got no money - he's got a strong valise"
- "I thought it was my lovers not no money, he's got hisself some briefs"
7) 'Excuse me while I kiss this guy'
"I still love the very famous, commonly misheard lyric from Jimi Hendrix - 'excuse me while I kiss this guy' (kiss the sky)." - thecatneuterer
8) "Ooooo - second LADLE!"
"My son sings 'ooooo second ladle' instead of 'sexy lady' in Gangnam Style." - Tournesol
9)"I was sick and tired of everything when I called you last night from Tesco"
10) "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, put your hands all over my body."
"A friend was convinced the lyrics to Erotica by Madonna were 'Hey Roddy, hey Roddy, put your hands all over my body!" - FauxFox
- "No no it's 'Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body' <shudders>" - PseudoBadger
11) "New Yoooork - concrete jungle, wet dreams and mayo"
"My husband seriously thought that Alicia Keys was singing 'New York, concrete jungle wet dreams and mayo' instead of 'New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of'...." - Mitchell2
12) "We'll be together, with a roof rack over our heads."
13) "Little Women must have damn near killed you"
"I thought Nicklebacks's How You Remind Me went 'Little Women must have damn near killed you.' It's 'livin with me must have damn near killed you'" - Madmammy83
(Ed -To be fair, Beth's death is pretty harrowing...)
14) "Who you gonna call? ...those bastards"
My husband thought that "Ghostbusters" was "Those bastards". - Loveleopardprint
15) "I came in on a rocking horse"
"I genuinely thought that Miley Cyrus 'I came in on a rocking horse'." - LemonMousse
16) "Oh oh - dyslexics on fire"
"The first time I heard Sex On Fire, I was sure it said 'dyslexics on fire', which I found a bit odd and slightly offensive." - GimmeDaBoobehz
17) "I can't believe you kiss your cock at night"
"My partner is convinced Shania Twain sings 'I can't believe you kiss your cock at night'. The more I listen to it the more I think it's possible." - santasballsackisnolonger
Last updated: about 3 years ago