Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
We’re on the hunt for a focused, enthusiastic, detail-obsessed Commercial Administrator. You’ll be responsible for organising the activities of a busy commercial advertising team, taking charge of the administrational workload and using some creativity to keep our social media channels up to date.
What you will do
- Your primary responsibility will be to take the reins on all admin tasks for a busy digital advertising team of three
- You’ll be the first point of call for telephone and email queries
- Sales ledger administration
- Send monthly statements, invoice clients, process bookings and respond to client queries
- You'll use some added flair to help keep our social media accounts up to date - uploading images etc.
- You'll track the success of some of our activities in excel
What you must have
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage a busy workload with competing priorities in a calm and professional manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written English (this will be assessed)
- Great computer skills, including Powerpoint and some basic excel
- Show initiative and good judgment
- Flexibility, willingness and a can-do attitude
It’d be nice if you had
- Some experience working in a digital company
- An interest in blogging and social media
- Ability to play around with Photoshop
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for to MNHQjobs@mumsnet.com.
Deadline for applications is: 14 April 2017
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!
We're looking for a fast, innovative content creator to translate the Mumsnet voice into brilliant native content.
We need a content creator with a track record of producing standout copy to join our new content solutions team. You'll be putting together irresistible pitches for native content campaigns which will wow our clients, and - once they've been commissioned - bringing them to life in the form of useful, shareable content which will make our users' lives easier.
The person we're looking for will already be working on an editorial team in a fast-paced digital environment, and will be a super-organised self-starter who relishes the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities. You'll be brimming with ideas to find new ways of working with brands to create seamless sponsored content, and a stylish writer with a keen ear for nuance and voice. The team is small (for now) so you'll also be happy to take on some editorial admin tasks - and you'll understand that client deadlines won't wait. You'll want anything you work on to shine, so you'll be rigorous about measuring and optimising everything you do.
What you will do:
- generate compelling editorial ideas for commercial briefs and pitches which bring our clients' goals to life, on Mumsnet and beyond;
- write copy which effortlessly echoes Mumsnet's editorial voice;
- quickly build and edit SEO-optimised pages on our dedicated CMS;
- put together email newsletters and optimise them;
- create shareable graphics for various platforms;
- use analytics to understand what our users want;
- report on the success of campaigns across the site and social media.
What you must have
- knowledge of at least one CMS;
- competence with Google analytics;
- a broad understanding of SEO;
- image-editing skills;
- experience with social media in a work context.
It’d be nice if you had:
- previous experience with newsletters;
- previous experience working with sponsored, branded or native content.
Salary £21-27K depending on skills and experience.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with the following in one document:
- Your CV;
- A covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for;
- Links to at least two pieces of writing that you’re proud of.
Deadline for applications is: Friday 12th May 2017. We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!
Fancy being part of the team? Do check back regularly as we're always on
the hunt for super-talented individuals.