Jobs at Mumsnet: we're hiring!
Mumsnet is a family-friendly employer, and we try as far as possible to offer flexibility. If you work here, you'll never have to miss the school assembly or sports day (unless you want to!), or feel bad about asking to work from home if your child is sick.
Plus, the office is generally well-stocked with biscuits and cakes (and, on Fridays, wine).
Who we are
We're on the hunt for an experienced web designer who has a passion for creating exceptional user experiences and understands the importance of great design.
You will be joining our product development team, where you'll be responsible for crafting beautiful interfaces to our websites and apps, creating campaigns, microsites and much more.
You will already have had several years experience and will be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders to deliver cutting edge mobile-first design.
What you will do:
● Produce detailed, component-based design deliverables, including page layouts, information graphics and more.
● Work directly with stakeholders to visualise product ideas and requirements
● Work closely with the team to explore concepts and deliver functionality
● Work with the development team to successfully implement your designs
● Mentor junior designers.
What you must have
● Strong mobile-first design skills, across both websites and apps
● A thorough grasp of digital design, animation and typography, with a good knowledge of current and emerging techniques
● Strong skills with relevant design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
● A fantastic portfolio of digital product design which has been built and delivered to users
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It'd be nice if you had
● Experience of working on large publishing or community websites.
● User experience design and wireframing skills.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV, a covering letter and portfolio of real-world projects you are unreasonably proud of.
Deadline for applications is: Friday, 30 June 2017.
We'll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them - so don't delay in applying!
We're on the hunt for a passionate and driven Senior Front End Developer to join our tech team and write top quality code for our websites and mobile apps. You will be part of a very exciting team that is looking to grow and develop the Mumsnet product embracing new technology to make sure we remain the no.1 place for parents online.
What you will do
- Plan and estimate front end development work
- Work with our design teams to provide a technical viewpoint in the design process
- Peer review and quality check front end work to make sure we have beautifully crafted pixel perfect code
- Be an advocate for front end technology in Mumsnet, showing us the latest trends, tools, techniques and inspiring work in the field.
What you must have
- 5+ yrs developing HTML / CSS / SASS / JS
- Experience developing desktop, mobile and responsive websites
- Experience of defining and working with component based design and code
- A drive to deliver high quality, right first time, pixel perfect code
- A good eye for design detail and finesse
- A passion for front end technologies
- Familiarity with common front end frameworks : jquery, jquery-mobile, bootstrap
- Experience working with : Git / Mac OS / Linux
- An online portfolio of websites or even better, a couple live sites you can share
It’d be nice if you had
- Familiar with popular frameworks: HAML, React, React Native
- Experience of Rails / Java / PHP
- Experience managing / mentoring junior developers
- Experience working for an online publishing organisation
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV, links to your portfolio and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: Friday 21 July 2017
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!
Fancy being part of the team? Do check back regularly as we're always on the hunt for super-talented individuals.
Last updated: 5 days ago